WAITING FOR SOLO MESSAGE…

Faz

Reaction score
Just unboxed, updated and prepared my solo for first flight… and then this "WAITING FOR SOLO." Lol… sent in the ticket but I expect they will respond in a day or two. Any thoughts?
What a disappointment after waiting 6 months for my order to process!

make sure you reconnect wifi to solo and shut down controller and solo ..if you cant shut down controller open battery door in back disconnect battery lead and reconnect

Reactions: Faz
Change your Solo wifi password you can find video here

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

DONT THROW AWAY THE LITTLE PIECE OF FOAM ...keep it for transporting ..put it back in solo between battery and connection

PLEASE REMEMBER AFTER A FEW FLIGHTS CHECK YOUR MOTORS --- THERE ARE SMALL SCREWS (2) IN EACH MOTOR 1.5mm allen MAKE SURE THEY HAVE NOT COME LOOSE OR OUT if they are use BLUE lock tight

Reactions: Faz
Just unboxed, updated and prepared my solo for first flight… and then this "WAITING FOR SOLO." Lol… sent in the ticket but I expect they will respond in a day or two. Any thoughts?
1. Does the Solo turn on? (Startup sound and LED lights on each leg?)
2. Do you see a wifi network called Sololink_xxxxxx available on your tablet?

Faz, make sure the controller is sending out a wifi signal. Turn everything off, including your ipad. Turn on the controller, ipad then solo. Can you connect to the solo wifi?

I had this problem as well and was able to fix it.

Reactions: Microsprint
Change your Solo wifi password you can find video here

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

DONT THROW AWAY THE LITTLE PIECE OF FOAM ...keep it for transporting ..put it back in solo between battery and connection

PLEASE REMEMBER AFTER A FEW FLIGHTS CHECK YOUR MOTORS --- THERE ARE SMALL SCREWS (2) IN EACH MOTOR 1.5mm allen MAKE SURE THEY HAVE NOT COME LOOSE OR OUT if they are use BLUE lock tight
I've saved my little battery barrier foam as well. However FWIW, I've seen several members of the Solo development team say that the foam can be tossed. To legally ship the Solos, the battery could not be connected to the drone - so the foam insert was provided just for shipping.
It certainly doesn't matter if you continue to use it or not, but it isn't necessary.

First day, could not lock on GPS. Second day, could not get wi-fi signal from controller to Solo. Third day turned everything on and has been flying great for the last week. I hate it when things fix themselves. I had mine ready to send back but gave it one more try...things that make you say, Hmmm...

1. Does the Solo turn on? (Startup sound and LED lights on each leg?)
2. Do you see a wifi network called Sololink_xxxxxx available on your tablet?

Hi the solo turns on and shows four green lights, which if I understand correctly indicates a connection issue. I have tried the factory reset and pairing but no success. Still waiting for 3DR to respond to my ticket.

make sure you reconnect wifi to solo and shut down controller and solo ..if you cant shut down controller open battery door in back disconnect battery lead and reconnect
The strange thing is that I can see the view from my go pro with the Solo on and the connector displaying "Waiting for solo." All green lights are on. Tried the factory reset.

First day, could not lock on GPS. Second day, could not get wi-fi signal from controller to Solo. Third day turned everything on and has been flying great for the last week. I hate it when things fix themselves. I had mine ready to send back but gave it one more try...things that make you say, Hmmm...
Well this is the third day for me... but no luck.

Faz, make sure the controller is sending out a wifi signal. Turn everything off, including your ipad. Turn on the controller, ipad then solo. Can you connect to the solo wifi?

I had this problem as well and was able to fix it.
Hi the solo turns on and shows four green lights, which if I understand correctly indicates a connection issue. I have tried the factory reset and pairing but no success. Still waiting for 3DR to respond to my ticket. Strangely I can see the view from my gopro!

So... It looks like the Solo is OK, as is the tablet.

Does the controller show a momentary green bar at the bottom of the display saying the Solo app has connected when you connect it to the Solo wifi?

Once the con
So... It looks like the Solo is OK, as is the tablet.

Does the controller show a momentary green bar at the bottom of the display saying the Solo app has connected when you connect it to the Solo wifi?
Once the controller stops loading (w green progress bar) it goes to "Waiting for Solo." Solo keeps all four green lights on - these only go away when I turn it off.

Once the con

Once the controller stops loading (w green progress bar) it goes to "Waiting for Solo." Solo keeps all four green lights on - these only go away when I turn it off.
So it doesn;t notifiy you that the Solo app connects?

If not, have you checked the antenna connectors to make sure they are snug? if you had some router antennas you could also try those (as a test) just to eliminate the posibility.

It obviously looks like a controller issue. They may ask you to try re-pairing it with Solo, but i would wait until they do. .

Have you called them? My experience is that it is best to start an issue with a call, and then follow up by email... Early morning is best, and be aware it hangs up on you after 20 minutes (or at least it did recently)... Yahh I know

Reactions: Microsprint
I've saved my little battery barrier foam as well. However FWIW, I've seen several members of the Solo development team say that the foam can be tossed. To legally ship the Solos, the battery could not be connected to the drone - so the foam insert was provided just for shipping.
It certainly doesn't matter if you continue to use it or not, but it isn't necessary.

I use it when transporting my Solo when I go to a location ... You don't have to use it or keep it but that what I use it for ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado