Visual Identification of Solo

Reaction score
Website
www.timorden.com
While I was flying over water with a a dark area on the opposite side of Solo, I happened to look at the monitor and then look up, only to be somewhat concerned about exactly where Solo was. I could see it's distance from me and it's altitude from telemetry of course, but it was visually camouflaged by the background.

It occurred to me that some sort of bright strobe light on the rear of Solo would be very helpful. Not a continuously blinking light, as that would be an overkill. but if there were a fairly bright strobe that I could actuate/deactivate from my controller or the app, it would be very helpful in sighting Solo.

Any thoughts on this?

While I was flying over water with a a dark area on the opposite side of Solo, I happened to look at the monitor and then look up, only to be somewhat concerned about exactly where Solo was. I could see it's distance from me and it's altitude from telemetry of course, but it was visually camouflaged by the background.

It occurred to me that some sort of bright strobe light on the rear of Solo would be very helpful. Not a continuously blinking light, as that would be an overkill. but if there were a fairly bright strobe that I could actuate/deactivate from my controller or the app, it would be very helpful in sighting Solo.

Any thoughts on this?
I had this issue flying against a distant mountainside, I had to give altitude until I could see it again,
its great against a white sky, but hard to see against the darker areas.

I feel like this should be an option on all drones. The should code it thru the accessory bus and mount it in that puck thing on the bottom of the solo

They have pushed some lame idea of a flashing led to flash an identifier number. I Just think anything that makes them more visible is a good idea whether it is a light or a radio beacon something to avoid other aircraft.

Any thoughts on this?
agreed.

been a problem for me since day 1.

makes me stay high with sky as a backdrop.

I am working on a led strobe for underneath the solo using the original camera mount wired into the battery terminals, this will be for night or low light flying and interchangeable with camera gimbal.

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 19

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo