Video quality

Reaction score
hi guys, when shooting with GoPro pluged into solo, and then recorded from controler why is the picture quality different to when you just push record on GoPro ?also how to I take of the black lines from top and bottom of screen when recording straight from controller , is this something I have to do in GoPro studio? It's just I see all of your great picture quality and smooth work, I would love to learn how to do that. Thanks guys.

All of what you see here is straight from the GoPro. Controller video is 720p through a wireless feed and cannot possibly be as good as the native file on the camera.

All of what you see here is straight from the GoPro. Controller video is 720p through a wireless feed and cannot possibly be as good as the native file on the camera.
Thankyou, just a pain because you have to turn GoPro on before take off.

I agree. That's why I sent a feedback to support to add the option of turning on the GoPro's wifi remotely when it lands. That'll give us full control and the ability to download everything without needing to unplug it.

If you're interested in that, send in your suggestion too! I'm guessing they prioritize based on the number of requests.

I agree. That's why I sent a feedback to support to add the option of turning on the GoPro's wifi remotely when it lands. That'll give us full control and the ability to download everything without needing to unplug it.

If you're interested in that, send in your suggestion too! I'm guessing they prioritize based on the number of requests.
Ok will do, thanks

The last update was supposed to turn the GoPro on when you powered Solo up. For some folks, like me, it didn't work and support never could figure out why. They still haven't fixed it.:(

Where are you downloading to? Doing so over wifi is pretty slow.

The last update was supposed to turn the GoPro on when you powered Solo up. For some folks, like me, it didn't work and support never could figure out why. They still haven't fixed it.:(

It works perfectly fine for me. Which GoPro do you have?

Where are you downloading to? Doing so over wifi is pretty slow.

My phone. I have the Hero 4 Silver. It's better than having to take it all out, connect to a computer, and put it all back together again. It's not that slow especially with photos. Besides, using the GoPro app I can wirelessly configure certain things that are not available yet in the Solo app such as ISO settings in Photo mode.

Yea I have the GoPro silver as well,I use a iPhone 6s as my view, I'm new to this, but I'm sure I'll work it all out.i don't put wifi on GoPro ,as I heard it interferes with the solo.

Also downloading to my phone was taking all my memory up. So I download the GoPro editing studio on my laptop, now when you get to work that out, ( good bit of kit )

It works perfectly fine for me. Which GoPro do you have?

My phone. I have the Hero 4 Silver. It's better than having to take it all out, connect to a computer, and put it all back together again. It's not that slow especially with photos. Besides, using the GoPro app I can wirelessly configure certain things that are not available yet in the Solo app such as ISO settings in Photo mode.
Might be fine for a few photos, but GP videos are very large. I take the card out and put it in an USB 3.0 reader and it transfers very quickly. Plugging the GP by USB to the computer is also slow. Only takes a second to R&R the GP in the gimbal.

Might be fine for a few photos, but GP videos are very large. I take the card out and put it in an USB 3.0 reader and it transfers very quickly. Plugging the GP by USB to the computer is also slow. Only takes a second to R&R the GP in the gimbal.
R&R,?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso