Reaction score
Website
www.my-spot.com
Let me start by saying I am NOT asking about the what I record on the GoPro's SD card - that is fine... However I have noticed that the video cached on my android and the apparent resolution on the screen during flying is not usually 720p. 80% of the time it is more like 480p. There is a pretty dramatic difference. Is there a trick or setting to assure a 720p feed?

Interesting issue. The feed is 720p. Not sure why your device is only recording 480p on occasion. I'd suggest you check your antenna orientation on your controller. Make sure the antennas are tight and that they are pointing downward and a little outward. See the manual for a picture.
The video needs lots of bandwidth, so I figure poor reception may be messing up your recording.

I'm starting to think it has something to do with the order in which the GoPro and the Solo are turned on. I was able to get 1280x720 "solo_stream" resolution when I was playing around with it on the workbench, I *think* by turning the GoPro on before the Solo - However, it could have been the the "Save to Camera Roll" and or "Record during shots" options. In any case, when I went to the site to fly it was back to 720x472. In that case I turned the GP on after the solo. My GoPro H4B is running the latest firmware so there is no auto power on... I hope to play a little more tonight to find the magic combo.

I'm starting to think it has something to do with the order in which the GoPro and the Solo are turned on. I was able to get 1280x720 "solo_stream" resolution when I was playing around with it on the workbench, I *think* by turning the GoPro on before the Solo - However, it could have been the the "Save to Camera Roll" and or "Record during shots" options. In any case, when I went to the site to fly it was back to 720x472. In that case I turned the GP on after the solo. My GoPro H4B is running the latest firmware so there is no auto power on... I hope to play a little more tonight to find the magic combo.
Nope! :( Turns out the GoPro Hero 4 Black only outputs 480p video out its HDMI when recording anything more demanding than 1080p60. So 2.7K or 4K etc send 1080p video out the HDMI when NOT recording but as soon as you tell the GP to record, HDMI output drops to 480p. There are no issues with 1080p60. Tried this with both 3.0 & 5.0 firmware with the same result. Seems the little processor in the GoPro has its limitations... It just looks like no one ever noticed...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc