Video does not save to GoPro - only saves on iPad/iphone

Reaction score
Anyone having trouble getting video to record to their GoPro while attached to Solo?
I can record just fine but it only records to my iPad or iPhone. The card in my GoPro 4 Black is empty.

Are you starting the record function on the GoPro????

Without the gimbal the Solo app has no way to make the GoPro record.

Gotcha!
Thank you. You would think 3DR would give you that information.
So still I wait... I guess, I'll just keep practicing flight skills until the Gimbal shows up.

Yea they actually left a lot of stuff out. They always talked about the $999 Solo being able to control camera, etc. They never said it would require the $1500 version with Gimbal to do it. Or nor that I remember seeing.

I personally think they should have just made the connector that comes with the standard Solo a Hero Port connector and skip the HDMI. Then all Solo users including no gimbal users could enjoy it.

However, they did such a bad job on the fixed mount that it is obvious they never intended for the Solo to be used without a gimbal.

Consider yourself lucky. You iOS guys at least get camera roll recording that you can operate from App. The Android guys do not have that luxury.

Reactions: Sphengali
i think when the gimbal comes out, they will have a cable that will connect to the one tucked away in the gimbal bay to attach to the gopro.

will be a matter of time before said cable is either sold or re-produced so that you can control the gopro without gimbal control. firmware update to allow gopro control will come out anyways.

i think when the gimbal comes out, they will have a cable that will connect to the one tucked away in the gimbal bay to attach to the gopro.

will be a matter of time before said cable is either sold or re-produced so that you can control the gopro without gimbal control. firmware update to allow gopro control will come out anyways.

Well since there is another gimbal data connector inside I am anticipating they are going to add a data control cable and plug the current HDMI cable into the top of the gimbal. Totally speculation on my part though.

Yeah. I agree with you about the fixed mount. The vibration is horrible.
actually if you have the case on there, vibration is horrible. with just the naked GoPro, it isn't bad at all. at least the one i have....and it's been in 2 minor crashes.

actually if you have the case on there, vibration is horrible. with just the naked GoPro, it isn't bad at all. at least the one i have....and it's been in 2 minor crashes.

What do you mean the case? You mean flying with a GoPro enclosure?

What do you mean the case? You mean flying with a GoPro enclosure?
yeah, i flew it with the waterproof enclosure (not skeleton) and the thing had more jello than bill cosby shaking a quaalude'd victim. (sorry, just had to)

you could see the added weight and vibration translating down to the case. however without the case video was very stable. enough posts available to show that with normal flight and minimal wind, naked gopro videos are actually pretty stable.

Reactions: Sphengali
I've only flown it a few times - and always without the case - but I have noticed the vibration on every shot. Turning up the fps helps.

I'm not being a smart ass but; 3DR does say that there is no GoPro control without the gimbal. If anyone assumed that pressing the red button on the app screen was activating record on the GoPro - that's user error.

I'm not being a smart ass but; 3DR does say that there is no GoPro control without the gimbal. If anyone assumed that pressing the red button on the app screen was activating record on the GoPro - that's user error.
agreed.

the only cable that plugs into the Solo is HDMI.

no mini-USB connection, no controls.

ios users do have the advantage over Android with the ability to record on the camera roll!

ios users do have the advantage over Android with the ability to record on the camera roll!

Not true. Android users have Tower, iOS doesn't. Best thing to do is have both devices. Enjoy the best of both worlds. I can't really use my Tab S with my Inspire 1 because it locks up and freezes so I have to use my iPad and I use my Android with Solo because of Tower.

There are pros and cons with each device.

can't really use my Tab S with my Inspire 1 because it locks up and freezes so I have to use my iPad and I use my Android with Solo because of Tower..

Have you tried removing Google Play Services?

Solo stuff needs it so you will have to add it back but wondering if you have tried that. My p3 frames terrible. Remove Play services and its smooth as silk.

Ordered another HDMI cable and got it today. Previously I ordered an HDMI to HDMI mini....:(
Should have been a micro instead, but have it now. Want to see if I get video to my Black Pearl monitor with the cable plugged into the Tx while flying a Tower mission.....

Have you tried removing Google Play Services?

Solo stuff needs it so you will have to add it back but wondering if you have tried that. My p3 frames terrible. Remove Play services and its smooth as silk.

I haven't tried because it's kind of a known issue. I may try that when I get back to Philly. I also can't appreciate how hot the Samsung gets either.

I haven't tried because it's kind of a known issue. I may try that when I get back to Philly. I also can't appreciate how hot the Samsung gets either.
I think you will be surprised

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig