Very disappointing

Reaction score
After fairly minor crash I’ve come to find out that the micro HDMI connector has detached from the PC board
I’ve only run into a few people that I’ve had this happen to them and best I can tell it does not appear to be a repairable condition I believe some of the problem is the fact that the large heavy cable that connects to this is the primary source of the problem
I think I saw somewhere that a smaller lighter ribbon cable was available for that connection however I cannot find it now
So my question is does anyone have any suggestions short of purchasing a new gimbal which I am not hot to do
Thanks
John

Attachments

• 43C13474-BFBD-4BFB-A759-37DD906B661A.jpeg
    43C13474-BFBD-4BFB-A759-37DD906B661A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
First, the HDMI cable's only factor is that it was attached and a lever. The impact was much greater than you expressed. More liked ripped off, the case is even mangled. Even the anchor tab's solder is ripped. I'm fairly sure the gimbal is bent as well, based on my limited experience with crashed gimbals.

You can source a longer HDMI cable/ribbon and bypass the gimbal all together. It'll be jankie, but it'll buy you more flying time. Plug directly to the camera and then directly to the Sololink port under the main board. You'll need Micro HDMI Type-D connectors on each end...

There are some gimbals posted for sale in the Classified section...

Reactions: Dash Hewes
First, the HDMI cable's only factor is that it was attached and a lever. The impact was much greater than you expressed. More liked ripped off, the case is even mangled. Even the anchor tab's solder is ripped. I'm fairly sure the gimbal is bent as well, based on my limited experience with crashed gimbals.

You can source a longer HDMI cable/ribbon and bypass the gimbal all together. It'll be jankie, but it'll buy you more flying time. Plug directly to the camera and then directly to the Sololink port under the main board. You'll need Micro HDMI Type-D connectors on each end...

Ok, Thanks

Will it be female at both ends and about how long does it need to be
Again thanks
John

Will it be female at both ends and about how long does it need to be
Length is on you... It should be MALE on each end. Search the forum for further answers...

Here's a link to custom ribbons...just as an example source.

Good luck....

Reactions: Dash Hewes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc