Version 1.08 Close to release?

Reaction score
There is a user on another forum that says that his replacement Solo has firmware 1.08 and 3DR told him he could test it and let them know if he had any issues. His comments look promising, particularly about flying under tree canopies.

The update may be able to fix most of these issues. Even the issue of the motors not shutting off after a flip or crash. The 1.08 beta is smooth as hell for me on my new Solo! I think i have seen all the issues on my previous Solo's. Not a glitch so far. I told 3DR i will let them know of any problems or issues. Believe me, im checking for everything. What I noticed today is that after flying out about 3000' it said controller lost signal. The Solo did not jerk or twitch and the video feed was still good. I was still able to turn my yaw, so i hit "fly" and kept going to about 3100' then flew all the way back home. That does not seem to be an issue that seems to be a good thing.

It was already installed on my replacement. I told 3DR and they said either reset it and install 1.05 or try it out and let them know of any issues. Ive been testing if the Solo drifts or freaks out if it looses GPS. I flew under lots of trees and it took a while to loose GPS. When it did the Solo was a smooth as silk. The controller vibrated and let me know and the Solo didn't twitch at all. Very smooth transition to manual that should not intimidate anyone.

That last sentence he made does bring up a question though. If they have fixed the hand off from Fly to Manual to be as smooth as it is when manually switched (http://www.3drpilots.com/threads/gps-vs-non-gps-for-new-pilots.600/#post-8597 ) then the only way you would know it lost GPS would be the controller vibrating. For example.. You are flying a few feet off the ground, low and slow through the trees like the video recently from Rodney. You loose GPS lock for a few seconds and the controller vibrates. But since you are already inputting stick movements you wouldn't know it, because as long as you are 'flying' it then GPS wasn't doing anything anyway. But if you were hands off and letting it Loiter, then if there was wind you would see it slowly start drifting in the direction of the wind. but no major attitude change.

Anyway..1.08 looks promising and must be close if it was on a replacement machine.

Fly Safe..
Jubal

There is a user on another forum that says that his replacement Solo has firmware 1.08 and 3DR told him he could test it and let them know if he had any issues. His comments look promising, particularly about flying under tree canopies.

The update may be able to fix most of these issues. Even the issue of the motors not shutting off after a flip or crash. The 1.08 beta is smooth as hell for me on my new Solo! I think i have seen all the issues on my previous Solo's. Not a glitch so far. I told 3DR i will let them know of any problems or issues. Believe me, im checking for everything. What I noticed today is that after flying out about 3000' it said controller lost signal. The Solo did not jerk or twitch and the video feed was still good. I was still able to turn my yaw, so i hit "fly" and kept going to about 3100' then flew all the way back home. That does not seem to be an issue that seems to be a good thing.

It was already installed on my replacement. I told 3DR and they said either reset it and install 1.05 or try it out and let them know of any issues. Ive been testing if the Solo drifts or freaks out if it looses GPS. I flew under lots of trees and it took a while to loose GPS. When it did the Solo was a smooth as silk. The controller vibrated and let me know and the Solo didn't twitch at all. Very smooth transition to manual that should not intimidate anyone.

That last sentence he made does bring up a question though. If they have fixed the hand off from Fly to Manual to be as smooth as it is when manually switched (http://www.3drpilots.com/threads/gps-vs-non-gps-for-new-pilots.600/#post-8597 ) then the only way you would know it lost GPS would be the controller vibrating. For example.. You are flying a few feet off the ground, low and slow through the trees like the video recently from Rodney. You loose GPS lock for a few seconds and the controller vibrates. But since you are already inputting stick movements you wouldn't know it, because as long as you are 'flying' it then GPS wasn't doing anything anyway. But if you were hands off and letting it Loiter, then if there was wind you would see it slowly start drifting in the direction of the wind. but no major attitude change.

Anyway..1.08 looks promising and must be close if it was on a replacement machine.

Fly Safe..
Jubal
Jubalr
That's the best news I've heard in awhile.
I hope they can make Solo perform the way they intended in the beginning.. I know it will happen eventually but by the time they do flying and filming season in Minnesota will be over. ..

I was hoping to have it ready for the fall colors up in Northern Minnesota and post some video... well I'm not giving up hope..
But still need a working gimbal.

Thanks

. I know it will happen eventually but by the time they do flying and filming season in Minnesota will be over. ..

I know that feeling. Being one state south of you, there are non many days you would catch me out flying off season. Last year there were none.

You are a little more optimistic than I am. I am more concerned with them getting it done within the "modern technology" life span of the Solo !

I know that feeling. Being one state south of you, there are non many days you would catch me out flying off season. Last year there were none.

You are a little more optimistic than I am. I am more concerned with them getting it done within the "modern technology" life span of the Solo !

So your an Iowa boy, ,
Yup gotta love the winters up here, 20 to 40 below zero and wind. Last few years have been mild so I'm not going to complain. . It's fun flying fixed wing and helicopters on ice on the days we can. .

Maybe get a chance to see if Solo likes the northern winters. Time will tell. .

Yea I live just north of Des Moines. I would not mind taking a flight in the winter if we get dumped on with big snow. Problem is if it goes down I am probably not going after it. Might not find it until spring :)

Yea I live just north of Des Moines. I would not mind taking a flight in the winter if we get dumped on with big snow. Problem is if it goes down I am probably not going after it. Might not find it until spring :)
Marco Polo

Yes Dirby, but if its -10 degrees and 2 foot of fresh snow I am not going after it out in a field somewhere.

Yes Dirby, but if its -10 degrees and 2 foot of fresh snow I am not going after it out in a field somewhere.
But if u leave it out in the cold and snow it could catch Pnemonomia

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado