VEHICLE NOT DETECTED

Reaction score
I am a new owner and have successfully flown about 4 times with a variety of issues but mostly good success.

I use both a Nexus 9 and a Nexus 5x at various times as my first person view. Today when I went out the controller and Solo booted up OK but once I connected either the pad or phone to the Solo network they connected but could not find Solo.

The message in the upper left portion of the first page on the phone/tablet: VEHICLE NOT DETECTED
:Looking for Solo"

I tried rebootting both the Solo and gimbal and the controller several times and tried both the pad and phone no luck.

I was able to fly solo but had to use only the controller. The gimbal responded to tilt commands but I obviously had no visual.

Any ideas on what I should do next?

Once I got home I tried on again on the table with no props and no change.

Ron

My first question is whether you have been using a specific startup sequence. If so, what is it?

Yes I have, a sequence I found on this site.

1Go Pro on
2Controller on
3Solo on
4Connect Solo wifi
5Open Solo app

Ron

SteveReno,

Tried your sequence with a fresh boot of the Nexus 9 pad same result.

Ron

Hi Steve and Daryl,

I thought since I was able to fly it from the controller that pairing would not be the issue. But I am getting desperate and wonder what else to try before contacting 3DR.

I am thinking of anything relatively simple. Reload the program from Google Play, pair?, anything else? Since it happens on both the Nexus 9 and the Nexus 5x you would think it must be with the controller or Solo and not the program.

Ron

PS I am about 2 days away from my return time of 30 days but think I want to keep it even if I can't resolve this in 2 days. So far am very happy with it.

First thing I would of done is contacted 3DR....................why, they designed it so they must know more about it than anybody..........

not hijacking the thread but i am in the same situation. perfectly working solo, bought a galaxy tab 4 to use fulltime. tried connecting, couldnt remember wifi password. factory reset and now nothing, cant find vehicle same issue. even took out the gimbal as some people said that may interfere. its super frustrating. i feel for bikeandsail.

Some people have had luck reinstalling the Solo app on their tablet.
I don't think startup sequence matters anymore because everybody has a different one that works. Like:

Controller
Connect tablet to Solo wifi
Solo app
GoPro
Solo

But I am getting desperate and wonder what else to try before contacting 3DR
I can't imagine not making a simple call 'First' rather than getting frustrated in the first place. Or even an email. Why are you trying to avoid contacting support?

I called 3DR. After a one hour phone call this is what I found.

We tried reloading the software on both the phone and tablet to no avail. After the tech did several consultations, this was the answer back. The latest update to Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 is not yet compatible with the 3DR application! They are working on this with an indeterminate date for the next 3DR Solo software update! Sounds like lots of folks must be having the same problem.

While I was on the phone with the tech after about 20 minutes the software finally found Solo and then lost it again after a few minutes.

So I guess since I don't want to return it at my 30 day window, tomorrow, I will have it parked in the basement for some time!

Ron

I called 3DR. After a one hour phone call this is what I found.

We tried reloading the software on both the phone and tablet to no avail. After the tech did several consultations, this was the answer back. The latest update to Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 is not yet compatible with the 3DR application! They are working on this with an indeterminate date for the next 3DR Solo software update! Sounds like lots of folks must be having the same problem.

While I was on the phone with the tech after about 20 minutes the software finally found Solo and then lost it again after a few minutes.

So I guess since I don't want to return it at my 30 day window, tomorrow, I will have it parked in the basement for some time!

Ron
I run 6.01 on a Nexus 7 and do not have a problem. Could be HW related, but I kind of doubt it.

I also use my Nexus 6 with 6.1 on it no problem, but haven't tried to update via my Nexus 6 ether so, it may be a bug?
When Android 6.1 came out, I was telling everyone to be careful, But your the first i heard any problems from 6.1

What did you do you get it working? err,... temporally i mean?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44