Using two tablets

TMI

Reaction score
Hi,
Is it possible to create a tower mission on an other tablet than the one that is used for flying the Solo?
I'll explain what I mean. I have a Samsung Note Pro 12 inch tablet with Tower installed, Because of the big screen it's easyer to create a mission in Tower. When I upload a mission from that tablet is it possible to run that mission with another tablet (asus zenbook) which I use for flying the Solo?

I believe it should work fine. Missions created in Tower or Mission Planner are uploaded in their entirety to the Solo's flight controller. It is not stored on or managed by anything on the tablet or controller, unlike the smart shots that use the Solo app and onboard computers of the controller and Solo.

Make the mission in tower, upload to Solo. Then disconnect and reconnect using Tower on your other tablet. It will download the mission from Solo so you can see it on the other tablet. And when you engage auto mode, it will begin the mission stored onboard.

I should add, I have no idea what using the Solo app will do to the mission saved on the Solo. So you should use Tower only until you know. For all I know, the solo app will overwrite the mission saved on the Solo. Or it might do nothing. I've never tried.

I use both a mac mini 2 with Solo app for camera viewing, and tower app for flight automation at the same time. Because of a seeming bug in Tower, I manually fly Solo to ~50ft before putting into auto to fly rest of survey grid.

Note, I'm not using any of the Solo app flight modes, just camera controls.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado