Use of Samsung Smartphone

Reaction score
I normally use an iPad Mini 2 on my controller and it works just fine. However, I would like to try my Galaxy Note 5 smartphone (Android OS) as well. I am curious what affect, if any, may I encounter if a phone call or text message comes in during flight. I am not tech savvy by any means so any constructive advice y'all can provide is much appreciated!
Thanks, Rick

never had it happen, but my guess is you will get a notification like you would if you are running any other app
it should not disrupt things though, just be a PITA

Yep, I've had it happen. You'll just get a popup.

Happened to me. I rejected the call. I did not notice any hiccup in my Solos behavior. Should be fine running on two separate networks components wifi/Lte.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Last edited:
I've had no problems on my Note Edge receiving a call and even answering on it while flying. I was in manual and the SOLO was not far away. I did NOT notice any change in behavior.

I moved to a Nvidia Shield for Tower operations for the bigger screen.

Had calls on my samsung 6, no problem flying. I do not answer calls,while flying, but you can.

same on iPhone 5S, just a quick popup message at the top that blocks some of the flight data for couple of secs but everything behaves normally

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks