Upgrade or buy something else?

Make note that it is much easier to mount accessories to the solo than any DJI that costs less than $2k. The Solo platform was intended to be expandable... unlike a mavic, phantom or spark. Though each has its purpose.

As far as NFZ's, it is your responsibility as a pilot to check the area you plan to fly in (beforehand) to make sure there are no restrictions and you obtain authorization where needed. This is the problem with consumer sUAS, it's too easy to grab a controller and hit the fly button. If anything does happen, you won't be able to use the excuse that "the app said it was ok to fly" to free yourself from liability.

Fly responsibly. It only takes a few incidents to ruin it for the rest of us (i.e., drone crash into a Yellowstone thermal pool, drones preventing firefighters from battling wildfires, etc).

Every drone has its purpose, pick the one that suits your needs and budget best. [emoji106]

Reactions: DJMc
Make note that it is much easier to mount accessories to the solo than any DJI that costs less than $2k. The Solo platform was intended to be expandable... unlike a mavic, phantom or spark. Though each has its purpose.

As far as NFZ's, it is your responsibility as a pilot to check the area you plan to fly in (beforehand) to make sure there are no restrictions and you obtain authorization where needed. This is the problem with consumer sUAS, it's too easy to grab a controller and hit the fly button. If anything does happen, you won't be able to use the excuse that "the app said it was ok to fly" to free yourself from liability.

Fly responsibly. It only takes a few incidents to ruin it for the rest of us (i.e., drone crash into a Yellowstone thermal pool, drones preventing firefighters from battling wildfires, etc).

Every drone has its purpose, pick the one that suits your needs and budget best. [emoji106]

See but it's not "easy" to fly a Mavic anywhere you want. That's actually a complaint some have. I'm not sure which side of the argument I fall on anymore but I think there's something to be said for making it impossible for your drone to fly near airports, hospitals, arenas, prisons, emergency areas, etc.

As far as "accessories" go, I'm not sure what you're trying to bolt onto your drone but I agree that DJI products tend to be more purpose built. That's why they offer several models instead of trying to make one drone to do everything. "Jack of all trades and master of none"... Not everyone wants to tear down their drone and swap gps modules, radios, etc and honestly, I'm not sure why you'd want to change them. I've never lost gps and the Mavic has a 4 mile range. There's a difference between wanting to tinker/ modify and it being necessary for reliable operation. I know people think I'm a jerk for saying this but when I break out my Solo or Karma, I'm nervous from the moment I turn them on until the moment they land and turn off. I expect issues. When I break out my Mavic, I don't give it a second thought. I know it's gonna do exactly what i want it to. Its like the difference between my 2007 winter car and my 2018 summer car.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421