Updated IRIS+

Reaction score
How to spend your time during hurricane Irma? Update the IRIS+ of course.

A list of the changes and enhancements;

(1) replace original Pixhawk with Pixhawk 2

(2) replace original GPS with Here GNSS

(3) move the FrSky receiver to top shelf and add antenna "spreader"

(4) replace 3DR telemetry with MRo telemetry module and relocate to right front arm

(5) mount the Pixhawk 2 power module on the left rear arm and add an XT-60 extension cable

(6) remove the battery door. Secure battery and cables with a Velcro strap

(7) move buzzer to top shelf

(8) remove the top shell

Here are a couple of pictures.

IMG_0290.JPG IMG_0289.JPG

Neat! I've got to figure a way to space my bottom shell to accept the new batteries I bought, that are about 1/8" too thick to fit. BTW, I have 2 Iris+ flying, and 2 or 3 more still sealed in the box. Not getting much use now that I have a Solo fleet.I need to open a hobby shop!:)

Frank,

If you need additional height for the battery, you should be able to add add spacers to the top and/or bottom decks where the arms attach. Doesn't look like you can do much about the width. You could also strap the battery under the quad and hold it with Velcro straps.

I have also collected a few Solos along the way. Built one from parts to understand how they come together. Added the mRo GPS to several of them and the more powerful 2.4Ghz wireless cards to a drone and its controller. Hopefully it starts to cool off a bit here in central Florida and I can test these mods.

Let me know if you open that hobby shop.

How do all the miss make a difference? I'm rookie but willing to learn. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc