Trying out cable cam and orbit....

Reaction score
So I am going to try these tomorrow. Any tips from the more experienced guys and gals out there on making things go as smooth as possible?

Thanks
Ryan G

They are both super easy to use, but the first time I'd find a big open space and get it up high above any trees/poles until you are comfortable with them.

As I best can recall:

Orbit:
http://3drobotics.com/kb/orbit/

Point the Solo at something.(Camera view facing it)
Press the Orbit Button
Press "A" to lock the current radius/position.
Right Stick Right/Left to rotate about what you are pointing at.
Right Stick Forward/Backward adjusts the radius it will rotate about (default is 65 feet)

You can adjust the altitude and yaw while it is orbiting using the Left Stick.
As soon as you center the Left Stick, it will smoothly transition to pointing at what it was at the start.

Cable Cam:
http://3drobotics.com/kb/cable-cam/

Position the Solo at the starting point.
Press the Cable Cam button.
Press A on the controller to lock the first position (Point "A").
Fly to the 2nd point and press B (Point "B")
(you can increase/decrease the altitude and rotate the Yaw and Solo will smooth out the transition)
Right Stick Left goes towards Point A, Right Stick Right goes towards Point B
The Solo stops as soon as it reaches Point A or B, but stays in Cable Cam mode.
You can still adjust the Yaw using the Left Stick while it is "On the Cable" if you want to.

The controller tells you what mode you are currently in, and to exit the mode just press "FLY" and it will go back into normal fly mode. Pause works like always, and stops Solo in its tracks.

You can also do all of this using the APP, but I'd recommend using the Controller as it's easier to watch the Solo to make sure it's doing what you expect.

Last edited:
I noticed that in cable cam I can only use 180 degrees total. I was surprised by this.

Can you tell it how fast to go from point A to Point B?

Thanks for the explanation. :)

Ryan G

Cable Cam Settings
To adjust Cable Cam’s options, select the settings menu in the bottom-right corner.

cable_settings.jpg

Automatic view lock prevents left-stick camera control during Cable Cam. Choose Fly Counterclockwise and Fly Clockwise to customize the direction Solo rotates between your A and B points. Select Cable Cam How-To for instructions and tips.

cable_settings_better.png

Thanks... Often when I'm flying I don't remember to see or click those small menu dots....

Does this turn off the 180 degree hard lock on yaw when in Cable cam? I haven't tried it myself yet.

Thanks... Often when I'm flying I don't remember to see or click those small menu dots....

Does this turn off the 180 degree hard lock on yaw when in Cable cam? I haven't tried it myself yet.

No stuck at 180.

Have you guys got it to stay at any orientation besides center. I can change mine but always rotates back to center when I let off the stick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl