Reaction score
I just recently was given solo because a friend of mine got a new drone. I tried updating to open solo 4 today and everything went well on the controller side. It is now up to date. The problem is I thought the controller and solo were connected, but it appears the solo did not update properly. Now I have the controller updated but the WiFi for solo is showing no internet. The controller can find the solo and I can’t do anything to connect to it. I’m hoping someone has some advice. Sorry If it was confusing this is all a couple days old for me.

At any point if you are connected to the WiFi that the Solo GCS generates [typically named Sololink_##] there will not be any internet. This is expected and normal.

As to the rest, I'll say it again for yours and other's [who might later find this as a search result] benefit:

You'll get the most help with an issue if you clearly state:
  1. What the exact problem is,
  2. Exactly what you have done [and in what order]
  3. If anything seemed changed or didn't as a result of your actions. Numbering actions and results can help in the process of troubleshooting-at-a-distance.

It also helps if you can specify if you are using a device or not, and if it is running Android or iOS. If you are running a device, if you can specify whether you are using the factory 3DR app [not a good idea since about 2019] or an alternative [Solex or Sidepilot],

And always, always, always remember that the members of the forum generally DO want to help, but are human beings with lives to live and are volunteering spare time here.

Reactions: Wetstone
I appreciate the time anyone is willing to take and sorry for the vagueness. I started flying the drone right away with no app and then came up with a leveling error. When I did a factory reset it said an update was required. I downloaded side pilot on iOS and downloaded the controller clean install And copter clean install. I installed both of those files then once the controller was found ran them. It all seemed to be going smoothly with the controller updating properly and then the copter began to flash which led me to believe it was being updated. Now the controller is at OS 4.0 and on the SidePilot app it says that the copter is unknown. When I try to run the update again for it it says ssh manager was unable to find solo.

that is currently where I’m at. When I turn on the drone it has a sort of melody tone then has green red and two white lights. The controller says waiting for solo even though I have tried to pair them.

It’s no rush I’m just hoping I didn’t permanently mess this thing up.

thanks again for the time andassistance.

At any point if you are connected to the WiFi that the Solo GCS generates [typically named Sololink_##] there will not be any internet. This is expected and normal.

As to the rest, I'll say it again for yours and other's [who might later find this as a search result] benefit:

You'll get the most help with an issue if you clearly state:
  1. What the exact problem is,
  2. Exactly what you have done [and in what order]
  3. If anything seemed changed or didn't as a result of your actions. Numbering actions and results can help in the process of troubleshooting-at-a-distance.

It also helps if you can specify if you are using a device or not, and if it is running Android or iOS. If you are running a device, if you can specify whether you are using the factory 3DR app [not a good idea since about 2019] or an alternative [Solex or Sidepilot],

And always, always, always remember that the members of the forum generally DO want to help, but are human beings with lives to live and are volunteering spare time here.

thank you again for the time. I finally synced up everything and was so ready to get this drone in the air. Now receiving a compass error: please calibrate using mobile app and reboot. When I got into calibrate in sidepilot it says must be connected to the drone when I am connected to the WiFi. Am I missing an install for the compass? Again no hurry and any help is appreciated.

Um... I think there is a setting in Sidepilot for that but I'll be damned if I can remember what or where it is.....

thank you again for the time. I finally synced up everything and was so ready to get this drone in the air. Now receiving a compass error: please calibrate using mobile app and reboot. When I got into calibrate in sidepilot it says must be connected to the drone when I am connected to the WiFi. Am I missing an install for the compass? Again no hurry and any help is appreciated.

I’m stuck just like you except 1 step ahead of you. My motors start but don’t pass past idle speeds. Motors don’t want to accelerate using the remote stick.

Very frustrating and hard to find help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc