Tower App: How To Start Mission?

Reaction score
Maybe a NEWB questions...I've been wanting to use the tower app, and have watched the youtube video explaining the different functions and how to use them. If im correct, I plot waypoints, then adjust the parameters for each WP. Once Im done I upload mission to solo.

Now, how do I start the mission? I don't see a "start" button or anything. I saw on the video that he selected "auto" but that was when he created a take off point and landing point.

How would I have the Solo go to WP1 once I'm aready in the air? Would I just select "auto" to start the mission. I would like to control take off and landing on my own.

Thanks in advance.
JK

Reactions: gr8dave37
After the mission is uploaded, go to the menu on the top left to go back to the Flight Data screen. Once your solo is armed, you will see several options on the bottom, including 'Auto' which starts the mission. I generally take off in manual and start the mission when at 10-20'.

Once your solo is armed, you will see several options on the bottom, including 'Auto' which starts the mission. I generally take off in manual and start the mission when at 10-20'.

Ok thanks. I'm assuming I'll have to get gps lock to see those buttons on bottom. I was planning mission inside and just saw the arm and dronie buttons. Thanks for the info

Ok thanks. I'm assuming I'll have to get gps lock to see those buttons on bottom. I was planning mission inside and just saw the arm and dronie buttons. Thanks for the info
Yes. You can have Tower and the Solo app running simultaneously. IMHO it is best to Connect and upload, but take off and land in the Solo app (at least for a while). Launch as usual. Get close to your first waypoint, and then go to Tower and put it in Auto. When you are done, hit Fly, and go back to the Solo app.

Tower can catch you off guard. As an example, if your first waypoint is 60 ft away and 60 ft up, the solo will launch at an angle and make a straight line to the waypoint at whatever the default speed is set to (which is fast). Fine once you know, but a surprise to many. That is why I say launch and get close first, and land manually. Baby steps :)You learn to make your first waypoint above the launch, at the altitude you want the next waypoint to be :). Also be ready to hit fly at a moments notice. You may need to, as you learn the nuances of missions.

I know it sounds scary. It isn't bad once you get going. It's just that the consequences are high :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso