Tower and ZTE Zmax

Reaction score
The Tower app will not display a map on my ZTE Zmax Android 4.4.4 phone.

Droid Planner 2 will not display a map either.

The Google Maps App works fine, and I can see my location is being shared with the Tower App.

I don't want to buy a tablet if I don't have to, any suggestions?

The Tower app will not display a map on my ZTE Zmax Android 4.4.4 phone...

I don't want to buy a tablet if I don't have to, any suggestions?
KitKat (Android 4.4) is ancient by today's standards and some developers don't even try to support it any longer. I can't say for certain that that's where your problem lies as I haven't had KitKat 2 years, but you really need to update your OS and go from there or I suspect you will continue to have issues down the road with other apps.

Yeah, I will upgrade, I don't use the phone all that much.

Also, the Zmax has A-GPS, not true GPS, so that might be the problem.

Thanks for the reply!

But a-GPS should have a GPS chip and use network towers. The idea was quicker device lock, but turning that off seemed to work better for an accurate fix for flying using these drone apps.

At any rate, your hardware and OS update are likely overdue. Nougat (Android 7) is out now and I'm about to upgrade to a Galaxy Note 7 and burn my house down...

I might get the Zmax Pro. I don't think I will ever be able to justify spending 600 bucks on a phone, hehe.

Don't know where you are located exactly, but aren't decent phones with 2-year plans about $200 - WiFi-only tablets about $300?

I have a LG G pad 8.0 and a LG G pad 10.1 and they both work with soles and the older version of tower and they are both over 2 years old now and pretty inexpensive if you wanna look into them. If you'd like ill try the newer tower apps and see how they do on the tablets to give u a better idea of what there capable of? Both have 4g LTE capability with gps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc