Tip Over Crash @ RTH Landing

Reaction score
Really weird experience today when executing a RTH landing. Just as Solo touched down,
@ the point where the motors usually shut off the rear motor spun up and it flipped over and throttled up destroying my props and possibly damaged one of my rear motors that now has a nice sing to it. Could just be a bit of sand in the motor from the tip over. Flat even surface that I landed on. I have looked through the logs in MP. I noticed a reading right when the crashed was marked that the altitude at the time of the crash dropped. ( while I was on the ground) ? And there is an obvious GPS drop at the time of the even as well. But I was on the ground.... I have attached the logs and would love to hear the input from those have more experience reviewing these.

Thanks

Attachments

• 2016-03-12 07-10-15.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 16
Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks back. I have put it down to coming into land to fast and not hovering for a few seconds above my landing zone before touching down.

It is the only time this happened and from reviewing all my video, the only time I came in really hot.

Don't know if the inertial sensors need a few seconds to work out what's going on, maybe someone else who knows could give some advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could see that happening with landing to quickly. However, my quad was on the ground already I thought I heard them start beep like when the motors shut down then it powered up again.

Yeah mine was down for a couple of seconds and when I thought the motors were winding down the rear ones spooled up over she went in rocky gravel, killed four props, scratched up Solo and the battery took the brunt of the damage.

I didn't check my logs I just put it down to pilot error. When I get a chance I will go over the logs, and see if it compared to your case.

The only weird thing I saw right when the crash was logged there was a huge beg altitude change when I was on the ground. Maybe this caused it to think it was dropping and powered up the motors. I placed a ticked still waiting to hear back

Will try and get around to that this week for you. Would also be interested to see what you can decipher from the data. I'll set a reminder now so I remember!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44