Telemetry Question

pop

Reaction score
So the controller displays distance and altitude. Is this distance & altitude from launch point or from the controller? In other words, if i move closer to the drone with the controller (without moving the drone) will the distance reduce?

The reason I ask this is because of the issue during Follow me mode where altitude is not adjusted if the person with the controller goes up a hill. If telemetry is based off the controller and not launch point, I think it would be an easy fix to have solo adjust to the controllers new relative altitude from Solo, or am i crazy??

So the controller displays distance and altitude. Is this distance & altitude from launch point or from the controller? In other words, if i move closer to the drone with the controller (without moving the drone) will the distance reduce?

The reason I ask this is because of the issue during Follow me mode where altitude is not adjusted if the person with the controller goes up a hill. If telemetry is based off the controller and not launch point, I think it would be an easy fix to have solo adjust to the controllers new relative altitude from Solo, or am i crazy??
Only a little :) Seriously though, Distance is from launch point or where Solo first acquired GPS lock. However, in Follow me Solo is now following the tablet/phone (not controller), but only for horizontal location. There is no altitude reference as the Solo uses only the on board barometer, not GPS for altitude. Solo has no way of knowing the altitude of what it is following. GPS can not be used for altitude as GPS altitude accuracy is only +/- 80 to 150' or more.

Reactions: pop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44