Tally Ho!

Reaction score
Greetings 3DRsters!

Thought I would say Hi....spent the last week scaring myself silly reading your posts about Solo and gimbal shipment processing and order fill times after I placed my order.

Thought I would share that I ordered a Solo and a gimbal (separately, go figure) direct from 3DR on 10/17/15 and received both on 10/27/15, all the way from Red China.

Hopefully this is indicative of future production and order fulfillment....we shall see...

Haven't had a chance to do more than inspect for obvious damage as of this post, but I am stoked!!!

Oddly (or not) my order status for shipping on the 3DR page is still "Processing"; never received any order status change e-mails.

Thanks, Chuck!

I've been doing all the reading and studying up...and updating the actual hardware.

From there I've been scouting locations to do a first flight.

Here in Tulsa, OK, most of the metropolitan (if you can call it that), area is squeezed between our Int'l Airport on the NE side, and the regional , general aviation airport on the SW side, so a lot of spots that would otherwise be ideal are off the table.....

No matter, still a lot of area to be had.

Hip Hip Hurrah!

Reactions: Rotorblades
A tip:
NEVER launch without a GPS home location. If anything shall happen, you have a greater chance of being covered under warranty. I launched without one and it locked in over a lake. I lost signal and solo RTH'd (over water) and it eventually landed in the lake (where it got a GPS signal shortly after takeoff) costing roughly $400 in repairs.
BTW,
3DR is fantastic with customer service!

A very good tip. Also learn to fly in manual. Start in a very open area, and keep in mind it will drift with the wind.

Thanks, Chuck!

I've been doing all the reading and studying up...and updating the actual hardware.

From there I've been scouting locations to do a first flight.

Here in Tulsa, OK, most of the metropolitan (if you can call it that), area is squeezed between our Int'l Airport on the NE side, and the regional , general aviation airport on the SW side, so a lot of spots that would otherwise be ideal are off the table.....

No matter, still a lot of area to be had.

Hip Hip Hurrah!
Hey Squire, Welcome to the forum. Is Lynn Hickey Dodge still around there? I don't know why I remember that name so well. Was going to school there in 1975 and bought a brand new pickup from them!
Regarding your Avatar; what made you come up with that? After seeing it the other day I had to re-watch that episode again. A real classic!

"NEVER launch without a GPS home location."

I think I might write that on a piece of masking tape and stick it on the controller.

Hey Squire, Welcome to the forum. Is Lynn Hickey Dodge still around there? I don't know why I remember that name so well. Was going to school there in 1975 and bought a brand new pickup from them!
Regarding your Avatar; what made you come up with that? After seeing it the other day I had to re-watch that episode again. A real classic!
No, Lynn Hickey sold out about 20 years ago and the dealership has turned over a number of times since then. They used to have great ads....

I'd been using TSoG as my screen name on Steam while playing a game called "Chivalry" lately. The kids don't have a clue. It was one of my favorite eps since way back....when Star Trek:TOS was just Star Trek......I didn't want to re-invent the wheel whenever I joined a forum, etc.. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44