SOLO Pre-Orders

Reaction score
Just attempted to pre-order new Solo from 3Dr website. Error message comes up stating, "We ARE EXPERIENCING TEMPORARY PROCESSING DELAYS" current ORDER FULFILLMENT TIME IS 10-12 DAYS. (I have included screen shot of error message with this post) Called customer service and was told website is experiencing growing pains, but I was assured that my order would be processed with in the next 2 weeks. I asked does that mean credit card processed in next 2 weeks? Credit card processed and Solo shipped in next 2 weeks? Or some other combination of the above in the next 2 weeks. Customer service said that my order would be processed and new Solo, gimble and extra battery would be shipped to me before June 1 .
So I placed the order and now the waiting game. I will keep this blog posted on the progress of my order. I live in Florida and could have easily ordered from DSLR in Miami, a very reputably 3Dr authorized reseller and UAV dealer/service center but I would be required to pay Florida instate sales tax which would have equaled $90.00 and shipping $20.00, so I elected to go through 3Dr directly and save, $0.00 sales tax and $0.00 shipping, saving $110.00 nearly the cost of the extra battery.

Attachments

• SOLO CHeck out.JPG
    SOLO CHeck out.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
the question is.
can u believe what they tell you.

Hi Dirby, good question, I guess we'll know the answer in a couple of weeks. I'm sure 3Dr is overwhelmed with the response and number of orders they have already taken on the Solo. But if that's the case they should have been prepared. There are lots of pilots like me, we like all the cool new stuff and the Solo is certainly cool and new. We have 2 Phantom Vision+ in our air arsenal for electronic news gathering, in the air all of the time covering news, sports, and community events in our area. So were not in any hurry for the Solo other than our excitement about trying something new that claims what 3DR does about the Solo. The Solo is not 3dr's first quad, i.e. Iris, and their others have been, as far as I can tell, just as reliable as the Phantoms. So I believe what they tell me until they prove themselves wrong.

Reactions: TaniaGail
. . . I would be required to pay Florida instate sales tax which would have equaled $90.00 and shipping $20.00 . . .
Just a heads-up on that. I was unpleasantly surprised by a huge bill I just got from the Sate of Colorado for stuff I'd bought online the last couple of years. They call it use tax if it's used in business.

Direct from 3DR. I ordered on 1st May and paid via PayPal. Being in the UK it actually works out cheaper than ordering direct with a UK supplier. They've had a few problems with orders but they are working through them so you need a little bit of patience.

Direct from 3DR. I ordered on 1st May and paid via PayPal. Being in the UK it actually works out cheaper than ordering direct with a UK supplier. They've had a few problems with orders but they are working through them so you need a little bit of patience.

On the Pre-Order page it says
Solo only ships to US/Canada.

When I try it and select UK or Spain it says "We are unable to calculate shipping rates for the selected items." Do you know a way around that?

Trouble is if you have an issue you will have to courier it back to USA rather than just taking it to the UK dealer, could cost £80+ with insurance to post it.

Also won't you get hit with 15-20% customs and import charges?

Last edited:
Still waiting to hear confirmation on the processing of my May 6th pre order. My card has not been hit as yet.

Still waiting to hear confirmation on the processing of my May 6th pre order. My card has not been hit as yet.
they probably won't hit your cc until it is shipped.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes the waiting game.

well now that we know that the solo gimbal will not be shipped until the middle of july or later.
Do we sit and twittle our thumbs or go to the Dark side?

Did not know gimble was not being shipped until July. Could you post link to where you read that.

On the Pre-Order page it says
Solo only ships to US/Canada.

When I try it and select UK or Spain it says "We are unable to calculate shipping rates for the selected items." Do you know a way around that?

Trouble is if you have an issue you will have to courier it back to USA rather than just taking it to the UK dealer, could cost £80+ with insurance to post it.

Also won't you get hit with 15-20% customs and import charges?
Apols for the late reply. I had no problems placing the order. I'd suggest trying again. I ordered solo, gimbal, extra battery and props and that came in at just over £1K compared with wex who want 1300 for just the solo and gimbal. I will have to pay an additional 203 in vat so i'm almost similar price to wex but i will have extra batteries and props. Hopefully, i'll see the aircraft next month too. Let's see ;-)

Did not know gimble was not being shipped until July. Could you post link to where you read that.
I would await an official response to the question about gimbal delivery. Lots of rumour going around at the moment. See it in black & white first. Best way to clarify things.

Apols for the late reply. I had no problems placing the order. I'd suggest trying again. I ordered solo, gimbal, extra battery and props and that came in at just over £1K compared with wex who want 1300 for just the solo and gimbal. I will have to pay an additional 203 in vat so i'm almost similar price to wex but i will have extra batteries and props. Hopefully, i'll see the aircraft next month too. Let's see ;-)

They must of changed something, no Solo related stuff will allow a UK / Europe address. On the other hand if I select a non Solo product that goes through just fine.

Having said that Adorama are charging $60 for UPS express deliver, which is the cheapest I've seen so far.

Maybe they're just waiting until next tranche of aircraft? It'll be interesting for me as i've already paid in full ;-) so i expect something.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea