tablet choice

We sell an adapter that is made for a tablet mount. It is the ball type like what we have on our controllers. You should be able to switch the top. I will try when we get one in.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Well now ... that's interesting. KEEP US POSTED. I'm thinking about maybe just trying to use my Galaxy S3 cell phone to start out until I can figure out which tablet I need to get. I'm not sure if I really need to have a tablet with a built in barometer or not. Obviously I don't know a damn thing about tablets. It was hard enough for me getting used to my Galaxy S3 phone LOL

We sell an adapter that is made for a tablet mount. It is the ball type like what we have on our controllers. You should be able to switch the top. I will try when we get one in.

Now that sounds intriguing :) When do you think one will be available and where/how do I go about getting one?
I was lucky and happened to be at Best Buy today and they already had my SOLO in so I picked it up early. Downloaded the App to my Galaxy S3 phone so I could download the update (2.4.0) and finally I think I've gotten over that hurdle now. Even tried the simulator but damn that tiny screen on my phone. Sure wish that simulator would work on a PC! :)

Reactions: prowler9
Not 100 % sure .. I will see if I can get one transfered in from another store..

I will keep yall updated

Well. It would be awesome if they updated ios the same time as android but no. For all of us that use android we have to wait again for the 2.4 update.

OK, I give up. I am looking for the post where someone showed how they modified the stock tablet holder to accommodate a larger one but I can no longer find it. I've even tried the search method but still can't find it. Does anyone remember where that post is? They posted photos of the mod in it. HELP!
Ooops ... disregard. I just found it on the Solo Mod Club facebook page.
13419228_689281797879908_856078015743649772_n.jpg

Last edited:
BTW; Where are you located and what store do you work for?
I work for Verizon Wireless. Located in North Carolina. We sell tablet car mounts that use the same Ball type adapter.

If it fits I can get you the sku and you can go into a local corporate vzw store to buy it.

Thanks you so much prowler9. I finally got my gimbal installed this morning (couldn't find the gimbal data cable for a long time) after finally recognizing where it was hidden. My Galaxy SIII seems to work with the SOLO App, well I was able to download it and even try out the simulator on it last night anyway. I don't know why but I thought you were in Oregon.

Awesome! Do you know how much they sell for? Are they only available at a Verizon store or would Best Buy carry them also?
I made the extended slot mode shown above and it seems to be working OK but I'll see about getting one of these also.

Is this called:
Bracketron NavGrip XL Dash & Window Mount BT1-651-2 ?
I see some from $7 on ebay all the way up to $36.50 at Best Buy but the photos look slightly different with a large round piece included.

Last edited:
Awesome! Do you know how much they sell for? Are they only available at a Verizon store or would Best Buy carry them also?
I made the extended slot mode shown above and it seems to be working OK but I'll see about getting one of these also.

Is this called:
Bracketron NavGrip XL Dash & Window Mount BT1-651-2 ?
I see some from $7 on ebay all the way up to $36.50 at Best Buy but the photos look slightly different with a large round piece included.
If you google "bracketron bt16512" you will become happy.:)
Even Home Depot carries it!

Put it on like the picture.. that is a tab s2 I used for the pic..

Put it on like the picture.. that is a tab s2 I used for the pic..

That's what I did. Do you have the 9.7" ? It comes close but just hits a hard stop and falls short. I'll check again to see if I can get a measurement of just how far it will open. Other than that it looked nice. It had a sticker on the box indicating it had been opened so maybe someone else had bought it and returned it because of that same reason.

WELL ....... I'm embarrassingly having to come back and edit my comments above. What I was trying to do was use the holder as it came out of the box. The portion with the spring would not extend enough. Upon further inspection today I noticed a very small button on the underside that when pressed allowed the other end of the holder to extend to accommodate a larger device. So in fact now I have to say the holder portion will easily clamp onto my Galaxy 9.7" Tablet. All I need to do now is to make sure the ball mounts are the same size and will work together. :)

Last edited:
I normally use an iPhone 6 but I needed to run Tower for a survey mission. After a lot of research I picked up the Galaxy S2 8" 32gb and haven't looked back. Even got it on sale for $299 at Best Buy. It's super thin and lightweight, has a bright screen, and I now use it ALL the time outside of flying. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I normally use an iPhone 6 but I needed to run Tower for a survey mission. After a lot of research I picked up the Galaxy S2 8" 32gb and haven't looked back. Even got it on sale for $299 at Best Buy. It's super thin and lightweight, has a bright screen, and I now use it ALL the time outside of flying. Highly recommended.
I am using that Galaxy Tab S2 8: 32 Gb as well - the latest model with the new processor.
  • Samsung Galaxy SM-T713NZKEXAR Tab S2 8.0, 32GB with
  • Quad 1.9GHz + Quad 1.3GHz, Octacore application processor and
  • Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
The T710 are the older models with the older processor and without Marshmallow.

It was $299 at Amazon when I bought it, but now $349.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DXVKQU6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also love mine for all the reasons listed by @flabango.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks