tablet choice

galaxy tab s2 has a Quad-core 1.9 GHz while the ares has an Intel Atom Quad-Core 1.8GHz.....
ares has 1gb ram and S2 has 3....ok...they both run it the app great. no actually difference as the apps aren't intense graphics...all it is is communication and video which they both do effortlessly and easily....i ran them side to side doing the same thing....didnt see a difference in effort really

I use the Samsung Tab S2 in my novice way. I got a larger device holder that was compatible with the four slots provided for the original smaller device clamp. It was a link provided on this discussion site. But I need to find a sun shade hood for it. The S2 is very bright and sharp. Tower looks great on it. Too bad I have not figured out how to use Tower yet. I take things kind of slow. I am still trying to get some good settings on the GoPro, and to get everything working great all the time. I am studying to balance the props, and practicing flying. I try to also practice with some small non GPS models.

I'm also using the Samsung S2. I am just getting started but so far it's working great. It fits the controller perfect.

I'm only flying around my place in the country. My place is next to other places with at least 10 acres so there are only 3 houses visible from where I fly.

Love my Nvidia Shield. Could be a tad bit brighter but short of that its great. I also really like the built in screen recorder and the external HDMI out port, can watch everything on the big screen.

Jerry

If I remember I will take my solo to work tomorrow and try for u..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I am using the Galaxy Tab S2 and it fits into the holder provided. I do like the device and as others have mentioned it is bright. I have the 3DR hood too, but I sill experience some glare. Could be from the protective cover, have not tried it without it. The Tab S2 is not on the recommended list. I have been experiencing 3DR Services app crashes during smart shots. Started after the last updates and I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app with some improvement. Tech support guy I chatted with recommended I use a device off the list to get rid of the problem.

Well, not only am I new to the world of R/C Quadcopters but also with the world of Tablets. I already have a Galaxy S3 phone with Verizon so I sort of thought it might be best to stick with the Samsung Galaxy S2 line of tablets. Now it's getting even more confusing between their different models with different Operating systems (Android 5.0 , Lollipop and Android 6.0, Marshmallow) processors (Samsung and Exynos 5433), RAM (1.5GB to 3.0GB) and processor speeds (1.2GHz to 1.9GHz). I'm kinda looking at the S2 8" with 32GB and the Exynos processor (whatever that is) because of the higher processor speed (1.9GHz) and 3GB of RAM. I think Best Buy is advertising it as being loaded with MS Office also, which is something I would want to have to be able to use it off-line also. Are there any of these I should just stay away from ??? I'm supposed to be able to pick my SOLO up from Best Buy on Friday and I'll need to buy a Tablet while I'm there.

Keep in mind that iOS devices have an onboard barometer that allows Solo to follow your altitude in follow mode.
The word on the street is also that 3DR is more focused on the iOS app than on Android, making the iOS app more relible.

I have the Nexus 9 which is pretty good. I wish the screen could go brighter though.

Geesh ... now I have to go do a 'ton' of research on iPads, which I know even less about ??? YUK !!!!
Well, since I live in Florida I think I won't worry about trying to use the 'Follow Me' mode, if I ever use it.

Geesh ... now I have to go do a 'ton' of research on iPads, which I know even less about ??? YUK !!!!
Well, since I live in Florida I think I won't worry about trying to use the 'Follow Me' mode, if I ever use it.
No... hmmm I have an idea.. hold on let me slow down at work and I am going to try something..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Keep in mind that iOS devices have an onboard barometer that allows Solo to follow your altitude in follow mode.
The word on the street is also that 3DR is more focused on the iOS app than on Android, making the iOS app more relible.

I have the Nexus 9 which is pretty good. I wish the screen could go brighter though.

I'm not an iOS person, I like my Androids. My Nexus 7 works well with Solo but I got a Mini 4 4G for my Phantom because it has an internal barometer. Only the 4G version of the Mini4 has the baro along with the iPhone 6's. Anyway I tried it with Solo and it works better than my Nexus. It connects faster, the screen is plenty bright and as I just found out Solo does use the internal barometer for dynamic altitude. My Nexus 7 does not have a barometer but I believe some of the larger Nexus's do. And I agree the Mini 4 is more reliable with Solo, the app seems more stable and no more rebooting for the "Waiting for Solo" message.

I'm nervous about changing over to an Apple operating environment. From the beginning of personal computer I have always had PC's running microsoft products. One of the Galaxy tablets even comes with MS Office so that's real appealing to me but it sounds like I won't be able to use anything larger than the S2 8".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado