sudden range problems

Reaction score
I have had about 12 successful flight on my solo tried all the flight modes no problems out to about 1000ft
Brought it with me on my holiday to the mountains I got 12 sat 1.7 hdop within 2 min and after I took off I kept getting rth within 20m (60 feet)
Any ideas what to look at?

No I didn't, should I just try to recalibrate the gps?

Its a start . I do it every time I fly and haven't had any issues.

How is the signal?

Signal was strong , hopefully the cal will fix it even tried to rth 6 feet in front of me

Take props off (makes it easier) Go to solo app, settings, solo calibrate compass.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Re-check your max Altitude setting in the Solo settings.

Just got back, set altitude limit to unlimited, did the gps cal and still had lots of issues. I kept losing link to solo even within 20 feet. Weird part is when I first launched I managed to do a quick cable cam shot over 100 feet away but things went downhill from there the longer it flew the shorter range I had.
I double checked antenna position and they were as advertised

You may need to calibrate your sticks. Don't ask me why this works but it does. I had the same issue and I self-grounded for 4 days until 3DR got back to me with an answer. They sent me instructions on how to calibrate the sticks and I've been fine ever since.

Here are the instructions ( CALIBRATE STICKS )

I will give it a try, I think something may have rattled loose on my travels though because up until it looses signal it flies perfect

I will give it a try, I think something may have rattled loose on my travels though because up until it looses signal it flies perfect

You may be thinking too hard. There was no explanation about why mine was losing signal and I was handling both Solo and the controller with kid gloves. Some other folks here experienced the same thing. Both sets of instructions are fairly easy to follow, take your time when going through the steps.

You may need to calibrate your sticks. Don't ask me why this works but it does. I had the same issue and I self-grounded for 4 days until 3DR got back to me with an answer. They sent me instructions on how to calibrate the sticks and I've been fine ever since.

Here are the instructions ( CALIBRATE STICKS )
Thank you for the info, I use Terminal every day at work, in fact I am using it now, it scares me a bit to run Terminal on my controller as one wrong command could change everything. If my problem persists I guess I will have to try it. Thanks again.

Reactions: DodgeP
What is the altitude that your location is? What is your location? Is there another strong emitter of RF or wifi nearby, tv towers, etc?

Not a great representation of where I normally fly because I'm not typically filming with my Solo because of no gimbal however; I'm typically West of the Delaware River (and 95 Freeway) which is nothing but residential areas. These are two videos from the last week shot with my Inspire 1

Haven't had a chance to cal the sticks yet, just got back to a area with cell service. If the weather holds I will give it a try in the morning

Reactions: DodgeP
Haven't had a chance to cal the sticks yet, just got back to a area with cell service. If the weather holds I will give it a try in the morning

Shouldn't take very long. I think the entire process took me less than 10 minutes; in total.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M