Stripping the hdmi from mainboard?

Reaction score
Hi. The hdmi ribbon inside the gimbal is broken. I have made a hole in the plastic mouting for the gimbal, so the hdmi from solo's mainboard could pass trough and insert the Gopro. It does send live feed and does give me gimbal control, but as some of you know, its really stiff and in the way for the gimbal. Does anyone here have experience how to "soften" cables? I have tools to strip the rubber if that is an option, however Ive never "hotwired" hdmi cables before and i dont know what precorsions i need to take. Any inputs?IMG_20200120_012930.jpeg

I just posted this elsewhere, but at least one forum member used a ribbon cable to do what you're trying to do. Any of the ones available on eBay or AliExpress or Amazon with the correct ends on them should work.

I just posted this elsewhere, but at least one forum member used a ribbon cable to do what you're trying to do. Any of the ones available on eBay or AliExpress or Amazon with the correct ends on them should work.
Check this out, its not mine but im about to do it [emoji3577]FB_IMG_1579739110925.jpeg

Reactions: jonbrotherton

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc