Still Shots

Reaction score
Hey there, I have been trying to take some still shots from solo lately, I have not yet been successful! Am I doing something wrong, or is it not yet possible through the solo app?

Also I'll add. Same with photos as with video. Post processing goes a long way. I shoot video as flat as possible. Meaning I use Protune on and colorspace flat. Then I adjust in post production. To make your photos look great, you'll have to adopt a similar approach. Shoot flat and go into Lightroom or photoshop and create a beautiful image.

Reactions: J R and Maddog
Hey there, I have been trying to take some still shots from solo lately, I have not yet been successful! Am I doing something wrong, or is it not yet possible through the solo app?
It is possible with the Solo app if you have 1.3.0.
Look at the icons above the red "record" button. Pressing there will take you to a menu where you can choose between still or video.
Or maybe it's the slider icon below the record button...

Also I'll add. Same with photos as with video. Post processing goes a long way. I shoot video as flat as possible. Meaning I use Protune on and colorspace flat. Then I adjust in post production. To make your photos look great, you'll have to adopt a similar approach. Shoot flat and go into Lightroom or photoshop and create a beautiful image.
I've tried all of this but when I get into post I'm lost- I don't know where to set "hue", "contrast", etc. Any tips?

I've tried all of this but when I get into post I'm lost- I don't know where to set "hue", "contrast", etc. Any tips?

I'm not completely versed on working in photo shop. And have a little bit of Lightroom knowledge. Im at work at the moment. But when I have a chance, I'll see if I can dig up some good tutorials on this subject. Most of my knowledge is in color correcting video (even then I'm still a novice). But have a good idea where to start, once I get in to davinci resolve.

It is possible with the Solo app if you have 1.3.0.
Look at the icons above the red "record" button. Pressing there will take you to a menu where you can choose between still or video.
Or maybe it's the slider icon below the record button...
Ok great, I will take a look at it and try again tomorrow, thank you for the info! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44