Sticky Buttons

Reaction score
Called 3DR regarding this......they wanted to replace the entire unit....I mean everything.......I said that was ridiculous.....they finally agreed but took convincing as to why that was absurd.......Customer service discussed with Tech support and she back on the line to tell me that they had extra controllers around.....so I only need to send in the controller minus the battery & charger.......

I just can't believe their standard answer......"replace everything...that is the replacement process""........

Long story short.....I tore down controller completely & cleaned holes with rubbing alcohol & Q-tips.....is it completely fixed yes & no.....the trick is to press down on the buttons right in the center of them......then the problem sticking is not as frequent......

I guess I can live with it for now......

& where do you get the dry silicone lube spray ?? .....how about tri-flow lube that we use for the bearings ???

I will give it a try...the dry silicone lube pray....

XevetS,

Thanks for the tip.....no more sticky buttons......& no RMA back to 3DR.....really glad for that...

Home Depot carried a bunch of different lubricants in the Tools section.....

View media item 586

it worked great......thank you...

I just can't believe 3DR wanted to initially replace everything......WHAT is that about....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks