Stephen MacDonald

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DRPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in 3DR quadcopters.
Enjoy the forum!

I don't know what it is, but steam engines are just fascinating. I have no mechanical skills whatsoever but I can appreciate something like that. Please tell me you have a webpage or an instagram for that build! Welcome to the forum and hope it can be of use to you!

Reactions: DJMc and Wetstone
Hello Stephen and welcome to 3dr pilots forum. Here's my cut and paste from another intro thread...

Solo is a great platform. If you are new to piloting drones this is an excellent machine to learn on. Some advice. Upgrade the GPS to mRo for improved stability and accuracy. Do not fly under things like trees, buildings, etc. Loss of GPS signal or bouncing signals can cause erratic response as the Solo tries to follow bogus GPS data or goes into manual flight mode. Number One Thing to Learn: Fly manual mode. Mostly you will fly with GPS Loiter mode, but you should be comfortable with manual mode (altitude hold) in the event you need to take control. Ardupilot.org is an excellent learning resource. You can study the different flight modes and there's a section on 3dr Solo.

As to safety avoid crowds and keep bystanders at a distance. Altitude is your friend. Close-in flying is just asking for trouble unless you are a proficient fpv race pilot. Just think of the Solo as a flying food processor and imagine the potential for injuries.

Fairly new pilot, age61 pariplegic machinist by trade Building live steam 1 1/2" scale locomotive
Welcome! We try to keep things Solo related so please send us some pictures of your engines but be sure to put the Solo in the background.

Better yet. What are the chances you can devise a steam driven drive for Solo!? This would most definitely solve our flight time issues. [emoji5]

In all seriousness you found the best Solo place on the web. There are many very wise folks here ready and very able to help you out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo