Sources for New Body

Reaction score
I crashed (first one) and cracked one of the arms where it joins the body. Also lost a compass sensor in one of the legs. I haven't run it yet, but I'm assuming no internal or motor damage. It landed on it's feet but fell from about 70'.

I'll be contacting support today to order a new body or find out about options. I saw that B&H has a body kit available. Are there other sources for parts?

What else should I check or be aware of to make sure other components weren't damaged?

I assume epoxy is not recommended, correct?

Are there instructions or videos out there about tearing down and building up a solo?

Thanks for any help/advice!

You can buy the body kit from 3DR, Amazon, and probably a few other places. It's $100. But before you do that... You should open a ticket to 3DR via the Solo App, while connected to the controller. It will download logs and send those logs to 3DR with the ticket so they can determine what happened. If you're still within the warranty period, and it was a covered malfunction, they'll give you a whole new solo for free.

Reactions: cameraguy
Might i add, by having 3DR diagnosis your Solo, they my find other HW problems that give you a better idea on with way to go?
With such force from dropping 70', you may have broke connections or worse cracked main boards?
Leave it to the Pro to find out.

Hope this helps

Reactions: cameraguy
Do the trouble ticket, but if you suspect, or believe you made the mistake, you can order a new body. I bought mine from B&H because shipping was free.

There is also an official repair company for DJI, who will take your broken Solo, take it apart, evaluate it, give you a quote for everything that broke and repair it all. They have access to parts we don't.

Check 3dr.com for that company in California. They are under support.

Thanks guys. I followed instructions from support for submitting a flight log ticket but I must be missing something. The IOS app connects to controller, gathers logs, then immediately tries to submit ticket, even though it's not connected to a home network with routing to the internet. I don't get a chance to switch networks so it can connect to 3DR. Am I missing something? I tried several times.

Support gave me the contact info for currentuas, the repair company. If repair is the option, I think I may order a body from B&H and transfer parts myself before sending it in for a quote. We'll see. Need to figure out how to submit a log report.

That was the method I choose, but I hit a small tree, and tumbled about 15 feet to the ground. 70 feet is much more serious.

I hope it goes well

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado