New Owner Battery Question

Bat

Reaction score
I'm a new owner with a new in the box Solo.
The new/old batteries had about 50% charge when first checked and put on charger. Both batteries seemed
to take a charge OK, the problem is one will run the Solo for approx 5 minuter and the other 10 minutes.
Since there is no replacement original batteries what are the best options to keep the Solo in the air, I have seen
some battery mods in 3DRPilots. I can fab and solder and do not mind modifying the existing battery pack.
I think it is a great Quad and a shame they are no longer made or supported.

Thank you

Personally I think the board developped on the forum, the BMS One, and the battery mod which uses the stock BMS are all good options.

I wonder if anyone who is stuck at home during all this would maybe model up a 3D printable case for any or all of these that would 'click in' to the standard slot.....

Reactions: makatanav
I wonder if anyone who is stuck at home during all this would maybe model up a 3D printable case for any or all of these that would 'click in' to the standard slot.....

Reactions: just_bruce
The new/old batteries had about 50% charge when first checked and put on charger. Both batteries seemed
to take a charge OK, the problem is one will run the Solo for approx 5 minuter and the other 10 minutes.
Since there is no replacement original batteries what are the best options to keep the Solo in the air, I have seen
some battery mods in 3DRPilots. I can fab and solder and do not mind modifying the existing battery pack.

Thank you

Thank you
take a look at madhacker.org and if you like the 3DR Solo as I then try a couple of the universal BMSONE .. I have two on order to try out and can't wait to put the battery BMS mod into the air... Happy flying

Does the BMSOne come fully assembled with solo adapter? I went to the site and see you can buy the parts and hardwire into the solo board but don't see option of buying as universal external adapter. I'd prefer not to hard wire as I have couple of solos with gimbal and static mounts. If not, I guess option would be to build one with connector from old battery.

But isn't that one that doesn't have the SMSBus contacts - so wouldn't pass any of the BMS One data to the Solo?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc