Sounds like Phantom and Inspire will have smart shots next week

@rrmccabe Shouldn't this thread be in General Discussion rather than Solo Discussion forum...?

Yes. Fixed.

But even with the Litchi stuff, I haven't seen the really nice multi axis easing. What I have seen looks very linear.

Some of mine have been really good actually. My main issue is I can detect an occasional rotate or its might be wind. Have not done enough hardcore testing to say for sure but the last 3 Litchi releases have been much improved. As far as ease in and out I don't think it even attempts it like the Solo. So at best you will just be able to use a section out of your shot.

All the (current) follow me implementations are kind of useless anyway. Its a topic for another thread, but I think follow me is overrated until someone (3DR or DJI) nails it.

Not something I have much use for so have to played with it. The videos I have watched never seem to turn where you need them too. Have to be honest it would be a trust thing for me as I am just not sure how I feel about driving with something that is supposed to be following me up there.

Yes. Fixed.

Not something I have much use for so have to played with it. The videos I have watched never seem to turn where you need them too. Have to be honest it would be a trust thing for me as I am just not sure how I feel about driving with something that is supposed to be following me up there.

Yea the one time I actually got up the guts and had the space to trust follow me it was about ten seconds before I chickened out. It seemed to be doing real unexpected movements, instead of going behind me it cut straight across my path and kinda yawed then twitched a bit. It terrified me since by this point it seemed to be magnetized to a tree line and I tried to abort with manual repeatedly with no luck, then had to swap to fly first then manual to get back control. It was not what I'd call useable at least not for me, seems like too many ways things can go wrong when it's deciding what it wants to do to "follow me."

I think it's funny their having trouble copying simplified shots from the little guy competition. I like my p2 but Dji isn't exactly innovative or creative now and they managed to make their proven phantom design worse. Cracks didn't start on p2 for a hundred flights. Being proven is why they haven't changed a thing outside right? Even though 3dr has screwed up this release, still think ill be happier with solo than I'd of been with phantom or even inspire once I have my gimbal.

Come on 3dr.
That's been their problem. They don't focus on the customer. People have been hollering about wanting this stuff but all they want to do is put it out the door, put the money in their pockets and on to the next sale. Maybe they're starting to listen finally.

I am curious to see how many Phantom/Inspire crash DJI will have with that update ...
100% agree well see how many of those dji crashes after update, in my opinion not enough to process those amount of data because dji drone operates single computer and secondly they not even correct the flyaway issue now they jump in the next level lol

Last edited:
100% agree well see how many of those dji crashes after update, in my opinion not enough to process those amount of data because dji drone operates single computer and they not even correct the flyaway issue now they jum in the next level lol
My interests are starting to sway here. Seeing some of the issues cropping up with the gimbal. DJI starting to pay attention.

Reactions: unclejas
But even with the Litchi stuff, I haven't seen the really nice multi axis easing. What I have seen looks very linear.

Erik, here is a POI I did this morning. Has one POI and 3 way-points in a row. The 3rd is just a rise in elevation at the end.

As I said my issue is I detect what feels like occasional rotations along the cable. I don't know if its operator config error or a limitation of Litchi or the SDK. You notice it more at the edges than anywhere else. In the end I am hoping for better. P3P at 1080

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There is another thread that discusses this started by Ian [P13}
solo-software-meme-jpg.1026

Didnt the previous phantom already have all this?
They have been stating this for over a year now. No, none of them have it. I believe there is some 3rd party software that does some things.

They have been stating this for over a year now. No, none of them have it. I believe there is some 3rd party software that does some things.

Im pretty sure i read somewhere that its available for the p2 but delayed on the current phantoms

Im pretty sure i read somewhere that its available for the p2 but delayed on the current phantoms
I have a P2. The only thing beside the DJI assistant software that DJI has is Ground Station. Haven't been any updates for my P2 since April...when the P3 came out they forgot about the P2.

There was a lot of interest in trying to get points of Interest added to ground Station but it was never done.
There were some folks working on a follow me app for the P2 V+ but I don't think it worked quite right

They could do a lot of things with the P2 V+ since it is somewhat app driven and certainly the P3. Question is why haven't they.............out the door and on to the next model....suckers

Yea on to new things.

Have to say I have had more fun with V+ and 3rd party mission software. My P2V+ has been hundreds of miles in the country and done things (dropping down low, etc) I have not done with anything else. Was a blast.

Yea on to new things.

Have to say I have had more fun with V+ and 3rd party mission software. My P2V+ has been hundreds of miles in the country and done things (dropping down low, etc) I have not done with anything else. Was a blast.

My friend on the other side has done a lot of things with his P2V+ as well.

He was doing some of the same beta testing I believe you had mentioned a few months ago in one of your posts. He was always flying these outrageous ground station missions...5 miles or more.
Haven't heard from him in a while. I think DroneFlyers did him in too.

It burn't me when the P3 was announced. My P2v2 was not that old. Then I started hearing about the Solo and at the same time seeing what the P2V+ was doing.

It burn't me when the P3 was announced. My P2v2 was not that old. Then I started hearing about the Solo and at the same time seeing what the P2V+ was doing.

Same timing with me. However I had an early V+ and had ran the wheels off it. I think my Flytrex account with that bird alone is over 500 miles. So I got my moneys worth and only jumped to Solo because I think Wang at DJI is a dickhead ! LOL

But I think the V+ is dead in DJI eyes.

Reactions: Raybro
Same timing with me. However I had an early V+ and had ran the wheels off it. I think my Flytrex account with that bird alone is over 500 miles. So I got my moneys worth and only jumped to Solo because I think Wang at DJI is a dickhead ! LOL

But I think the V+ is dead in DJI eyes.
My P2 as well....RIP

you should go back to dji forum and stop trolling here phanboy maybe you should ask frank wang to hire you. i own a phantom but i never ever 3dr people because i believe im educated person.
what you talkin bout Willis! :D:eek::D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc