Sony RC10 controlled by Tower for survey mapping on Solo

Reaction score
Hello

Does anyone have experience in using tower to control the RC10 for survey / mapping projects? We are currently using a gopro with tower and our solo and are able to control the camera's overlap and side lap photo interval as well as geotagging.

I am looking to see if the same can be achieved with the RC10. I know site scan is out there as an option I am looking to see if anyone has got this to work without site scan. Thank you.

Hello

Does anyone have experience in using tower to control the RC10 for survey / mapping projects? We are currently using a gopro with tower and our solo and are able to control the camera's overlap and side lap photo interval as well as geotagging.

I am looking to see if the same can be achieved with the RC10. I know site scan is out there as an option I am looking to see if anyone has got this to work without site scan. Thank you.

If you are looking to purchase the RC10 unit, I have the whole package for sale. It's brand new, straight from 3DR. It was given to me as a gift for being one of the first Site Scan users. Although, I'm not looking to pay $7,000 a year for Site Scan so that's why im seeking it. If you are interested, just let me know. I can sell it to you a whole lot cheaper than you would be paying if you bought it from 3DR.

Thanks

Thats good to know.

Can Tower control the sony camera to perform surveying flights / photography in the same way that Tower can control the Gopro?

I'm not really sure. I've never used the tower app. If I had to guess, it most likely won't work because it doesn't even work with the 3DR app.

Yes, I'm okay with shipping to France. I'm asking $3,000 for the drone, but if you bought it from 3DR it would cost you $5,000. I can send you pictures if you would like to check it out?

Yes, I'm okay with shipping to France. I'm asking $3,000 for the drone, but if you bought it from 3DR it would cost you $5,000. I can send you pictures if you would like to check it out?

Hi, can you post some pictures of the package. I may be interested also. Thanks.

Hello

If you really want that camera you can get a Solomapper unit. It uses the QX1 which is what the R10C is based on. We have both as well as the Ricoh GR2 for mapping. Personally I don't care for the Sony cameras as much. The Ricoh has better photos for mapping and the Sony takes too long to write to the card, thus you have to fly a lot slower.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig