Solo wobbles at high spped

Reaction score
Ever since I bought the 3DR Solo it has always wobbled at high speed. It is noticeable a lot while flying during high speed. Could the motors be causing the Solo to woble?

Micro-vibrations, or excessive wobble? Did you balance the props? Can you post some video?

It's probably the gps trying to correct itself. Mine will do that a little but I think it says in the manual that low speed shots are best and that's what the basic settings are designed for. You could probably override some of that by going into acro mode or something more manually controlled. I've only had it a week but this is my guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is an Excessive wobble. I used the Dubro Products 6mm Drone Quadcopter Prop Balancer to check the props, but the props did not appear to be unbalanced. I think the shaft with the balancer is not doing its job, so I ordered the EJH Precision Prop Balancer 3D Robotics 3DR Solo. I will post a video on my next day off.

I think the shaft with the balancer is not doing its job, so I ordered the EJH Precision Prop Balancer
That's the best for the stock props. Also it won't hurt to check motor balance, Mission Planner gives you the option to run each motor one at a time. Excessive vibration will effect the IMU's operation.

Also, if you haven't already, oil your bearings. Motor pulsing could be caused by poor bearings and/or dirt.

Also if wouldn't hurt to check the motor pod connection, power and control, to insure there are no loose or partial connection.

I presume when you say high speed, you inferring full right stick up. What happens when you let off the stick just a little bit, still same wobble?

It is an Excessive wobble. I used the Dubro Products 6mm Drone Quadcopter Prop Balancer to check the props, but the props did not appear to be unbalanced. I think the shaft with the balancer is not doing its job...
I use the Dubro and don't believe I've found a stock prop (and hub) that was perfect - or close enough for me. The hub of the prop should be balanced as well.

Do you believe you are observing jello, which may be corrected with stabilization in post?

@RichWest is the motor/prop/vibration guru, but I always look (hope) for something simple.

Yeah, show us the money - shot. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela