Solo with Samsung Galaxy S8+ and Samsung VR

Reaction score
Anybody have any luck using a Samsung VR headset with a Solo?

If so, how did you pull it off? I haven't really found anything to split screen any app.

Use Solex app. Bottom right is the icon to enable split screen.

I think the next question is how to turn off the Samsung VR app that automatically starts when you mount your phone into the Samsung VR goggles. I've heard Package Disabler can do this, but I haven't had great luck with it. Samsung doesn't make it easy to disable this service.

I'll have to try that. I own Solex, but haven't spent a ton of time using it yet.

I can't find any documentation on their website about this feature. Where is it located in the app?

@awp0 - I would try mounting the phone in the VR unit without the USB connector. Possibly with a rubber band or something? :)

Could probably find a clip or something that would mount in to both sides without a USB jack. I believe it's detecting the USB and magnetic connections when you put the phone in the VR housing.

@awp0 - I would try mounting the phone in the VR unit without the USB connector. Possibly with a rubber band or something? :)

Could probably find a clip or something that would mount in to both sides without a USB jack. I believe it's detecting the USB and magnetic connections when you put the phone in the VR housing.

Yeah, I fiddled with it for a little bit and "kind of" got it working without the USB port engaged. I found that if the phone is not perfectly centered (horizontally) then the whole VR visual effect gets messed up, and it was difficult to get it just right. For me, I think it would be easier to just spend some time figuring out how to disable the app. Looks like there are some (paid) apps in the Play store that can do this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44