Solo stock cube- 3.0 follow me issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
A loaded A10 weighed about 40,000 pounds travelling at 350 knots the forward inertia outweighed firing the three quarter pound projectiles.

It was a myth firing the gun would stall the aircraft. On very early A10's the gun firing could starve the engines of oxygen so self sustaining combustion chambers with ignitors were added to prevent engine stalls. Sustained fire would wear out the barrels so crew chiefs logged how long the bursts were.

I worked for a shop that subbed work for Hughes on the AH64 which also used a 30mm gun, our issue was gun mounting which posed different issues in a chopper.

My shop is right off the Nellis AFB runway. When B1's or F35's come out all talking stops. A10's regularly come out of Nellis and I don't hear them till they're practically overhead and they are usually banked over 90 degrees.

Just something about the F14 swing wing that set it apart.
They were definitely unique in a sight to see. Now the A10, is a platform that has stood the test of time!!! My A school was down at Millington Tennessee Naval Air Station, and after a time, I wound up being a electronic instructor down there. Originally we would perform service on the missile Black Box, and after about 3 years we just shot the boards to see which one was bad and then just send them off to civilian contractors. That was a sad day for us but created more time for us to do other things more efficiently. Sadly, Millington is now nothing but a record Center

WTF, I haven't even responded to this thread, and this guy is whining about me in a context completely unrelated to this thread?? Is life so incredibly terrible that you have to take your own thread off topic to complain about someone not even involved in it?? Ironically, complaining that I wasn't crapping out rainbows and hugs to the psycho who, completely unprovoked by me or anyone else, was threatening violent physical harm?? What's even more ironic, look at rotor boy's post history on this forum. No confrontation. And in fact, half his posts are topics that I helped him with! LOL. This must be mental instability week here.

Oh BTW, I had some good advice to help with this issue that I've experienced before. I was actually coming here to tell you about it.

Oh BTW, I had some good advice to help with this issue that I've experienced before. I was actually coming here to tell you about it.
Matt, I in know way said what that guy did was in any way good, nor do I approve. But just like this name calling is the thing I don't approve. Saying you have helped me more than numerous times, and not approving of that sort of bashing in the way that it's done does not constitute mental instability. And that's pretty much the kind of thing I'm speaking of. I regret you do not see the positive in it, but it is what it is. I think your Brilliance shows on this site, but just wish it didn't have to come to these blasphemies of people's character. It just doesn't have to be that way. If you noticed, after he said those God awful things, I jumped in and told him that was uncalled for and should seek some help possible where violence is concerned. I did not have to in retaliation, feel the need to out do his style of rhetoric to get my disapproval across to him. Anyone that disapproves of anything on this site can be done in a way that it shines and makes this forum look good. I hope what I've said here's does not offend you because I truly and I mean truly do not mean any offense.

Last edited:
What blasphemy of who's character??? Because I was rude to someone who just threatened to assault me? I'll try to be nicer to violent psychos next time I guess? Look in a mirror. You started attacking my character in this thread, completely unprovoked, completely off topic, and in manner that makes absolutely no sense. You are literally doing exactly what you're complaining about, and citing examples that make no sense.

Good luck with your yaw.

What blasphemy of who's character??? Because I was rude to someone who just threatened to assault me? I'll try to be nicer to violent psychos next time I guess? Look in a mirror. You started attacking my character in this thread, completely unprovoked, completely off topic, and in manner that makes absolutely no sense. You are literally doing exactly what you're complaining about, and citing examples that make no sense.

Good luck with your yaw.
Matt, that is not true!!! Did I call you names?? Did I say anything other than I wasn't impressed with the ways in which those matters we're addressed. I decided not to speak anymore on that thread because it had gotten so out of control and spoke here because the guy who responded to my question here was also on that thread. I was not, nor would attack you, just point out I wasn't impressed in the way disapproval was being achieved. Again, I think you're brilliant Shines on this site, and because of it this site and this whole solo project would be nil without it. It doesn't mean I can't disapprove of the way attacks are made which even means when someone is attacked first it doesn't have to be a retaliation in kind to get a point across. My point being is if a guy comes at me and tells me he wants to bash my face in, and rape my wife, I can respond in a way that leaves everyone thinking he is what he is but leaving myself having integrity, yet still getting my point across. That's all I'm saying Matt. And if you want to punish me by not wanting to Help with my yaw issue, that is your choice. But it does not leave me wanting to say inappropriate things, it just don't. I am sorry you feel the way you do, and as I said before I meant no offense to you in any way shape or form and I still respect everything you do for this site. Again this site would be nothing without you. I just think the Forum would benefit by maybe being a little more appropriate when someone attacks you or anyone else as this was not meant just for one person Matt. You are brilliant!!! I know you can show it in every aspect even the way you come off with people. Pride, is a bad thing that gets in our way. All of us! I have learned to overcome that and a much better person because of it. But it took many many years. I have showed my appreciation to you every time you've helped me, and I have risen your name up in every post or conversation I've ever had on here except the one showing my disapproval of the way everybody was bashing. I hope any at all just accept it from what I've said because your character is not in question, but we all can use a little guidance and take points in our life from others, and as far as that goes I remain humbled on this Earth.

You made a whole long totally off-topic reply directly attacking my character, complaining about me, and telling me I should be nicer to people who launch unprovoked violent threats. Then tell me you didn't mean any offense by it and shower me with compliments?? And after actually helping you with things and doing research for you on equipment I don't even own or use! You're not making any sense to me. I can't even debate this topic with you because I don't even know what I'm debating anymore. Also, I'm not here for praise and compliments. Not necessary, and I find that to all be very uncomfortable and awkward frankly.

But I do need to make one point very clear. This isn't my forum. I don't run the forum. I'm not an admin. I'm not even a moderator. I have no authority here at all, and I do not head up anything on this forum. And I do not have any relation of any kind with the people who are. Which you stated and implied in your replies to this thread.

You made a whole long totally off-topic reply directly attacking my character, complaining about me, and telling me I should be nicer to people who launch unprovoked violent threats. Then tell me you didn't mean any offense by it and shower me with compliments?? And after actually helping you with things and doing research for you on equipment I don't even own or use! You're not making any sense to me. I can't even debate this topic with you because I don't even know what I'm debating anymore. Also, I'm not here for praise and compliments. Not necessary, and I find that to all be very uncomfortable and awkward frankly.

But I do need to make one point very clear. This isn't my forum. I don't run the forum. I'm not an admin. I'm not even a moderator. I have no authority here at all, and I do not head up anything on this forum. And I do not have any relation of any kind with the people who are. Which you stated and implied in your replies to this thread.
I didn't say you were. But like MOST on this site, including myself, you are a great benefit to us all. I am not going to make any references here, but will say. Black or white with no shades of grey. It's either 100% or nothing is a term all can learn from. I will use myself as an example. I have helped many many people along my path, but it doesn't mean I don't have flaws nor character flaws. Am I correct?? I'm not understanding why you can't differentiate. Just because I compliment someone, or they compliment me doesn't mean it will always be 100% Matt. We all make mistakes. And I mean all of us the only thing for me is I welcome anymore at my age when someone point it out to me. Speaking personally for myself and I know this is not the place, but someone HIGH, smacks me on the head every day. I have also learned that when more than one person that don't even know each other says the same thing about me. I listen. I hope we can end this conversation somewhat peacefully and I guess agree to disagree. I look forward to see your diligent work.

Awww........ you guys. See? It's always better when we all get along. In the words of my people ...Is Bron orm agus táim leithscéal orm... (although try imagine it much more slurred with hiccups if you want the true Irish experience...)

Thread closed as it has gone off the rails. Can't we just all get along? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986