Solo stock cube- 3.0 follow me issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am having issues with my stock cube- with 3.0 using follow me with the solex app. As soon as I press start, it erratically starts jerking in the yaw motion. No matter if I start it facing me or not. Frank.

Make sure your mobile device has a strong GPS signal. Do a proper compass calibration. Switch back to the 3DR app and see if the results are similar.

Get moving and see if the yaw stabilizes.

Good mobile GPS- ✓ Done. Compass calibration- ✓. Done. Switch back to Solo app-- I have not tried. Also, I did not start moving, as I did not want to risk a crash. As soon as it stops raining, I will take it up higher and try moving around after I try the solo app first. It just made me a bit nervous as it did it as soon as I hit the start button. Thank you for the info, and I will post back and let you know. Frank.

Make sure your mobile device has a strong GPS signal. Do a proper compass calibration. Switch back to the 3DR app and see if the results are similar.

Get moving and see if the yaw stabilizes.
First and foremost, I want to thank and commend you on your Prompt, and courteous willingness to jump in and assist me. I WILL NOT FORGET THAT! As well as a few other, such as ( Rich West ), and more. Even Matt, that has come to my Aid. I wish I had explored this site before purchasing solex or getting involved. I would not have upgraded, nor gotten involved myself. I would have stayed, and will continue with pixhawk 2.1 and master on my other platforms. I have never in my history of rc, ever seen the type of nonsense coming from grown men. The very people who head up this site that are way to willing to lash out and team up, not just to defend, but to actually poke, and intentionally keep instigating like two year olds is something of a likes I have never seen before. Granted I have seen it before on forums, but nothing even close to this. On the recent thread of leaving the forum, I saw Matt not only defending, but keep instigating time and time again along with others that have been on here for a while which there was no reason for that at all. Then to come back with an example of himself on a Ford forum was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. If that was supposed to be impressive, thinking showing everyone that the guys vulgar response was his intent, was not impressive to say the least for number one. Number two it only shows that him self has been criticized many times to the point where people were getting that upset. Not that I agree that anyone should get upset I don't, I think they should be booted from the site. But to brag and show that type of stuff in a defense which only shows he is involved with those kind of scenarios often I just choose not to be a part of this anymore. And for anyone that wants to come and make their rude comments trust me, number one I am not doing this for attention nor care for this type of attention from any site nor anyone this is the saddest forum I have ever been a part of and I noticed it almost immediately. Y'all need to be humbled a little bit. Your knowledge has gone to your head and Eternity is a long time my friends. If you want a good long-lasting forum that is not just a group of people who think they own it and you actually want to promote solo and its longevity, you all need to straighten your acts out.

Last edited:
First and foremost, I want to thank and commend you on your Prompt, and courteous willingness to jump in and assist me. I WILL NOT FORGET THAT! As well as a few other, such as ( Rich West ), and more. Even Matt, that has come to my Aid. I wish I had explored this site before purchasing solex or getting involved. I would not have upgraded, nor gotten involved myself. I would have stayed, and will continue with pixhawk 2.1 and master on my other platforms. I have never in my history of rc, ever seen the type of nonsense coming from grown men. The very people who head up this site that are way to willing to lash out and team up, not just to defend, but to actually poke, and intentionally keep instigating like two year olds is something of a likes I have never seen before. Granted I have seen it before on forums, but nothing even close to this. On the recent thread of leaving the forum, I saw Matt not only defending, but keep instigating time and time again along with others that have been on here for a while which there was no reason for that at all. Then to come back with an example of himself on a Ford forum was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. If that was supposed to be impressive, thinking showing everyone that the guys vulgar response was his intent, was not impressive to say the least for number one. Number two it only shows that him self has been criticized many times to the point where people were getting that upset. Not that I agree that anyone should get upset I don't, I think they should be booted from the site. But to brag and show that type of stuff in a defense which only shows he is involved with those kind of scenarios often I just choose not to be a part of this anymore. And for anyone that wants to come and make their rude comments trust me, number one I am not doing this for attention nor care for this type of attention from any site nor anyone this is the saddest forum I have ever been a part of and I noticed it almost immediately. Y'all need to be humbled a little bit. Your knowledge has gone to your head and Eternity is a long time my friends. If you want a good long-lasting forum that is not just a group of people who think they own it and you actually want to promote solo and its longevity, you all need to straighten your acts out.
Maybe the reason that everyone hasn't jumped up here to help you and get on board with an answer for you is........... wait for it............ they haven't experienced that particular problem so they are doing a bit of research. Or maybe they just didn't see the post (I didn't until today, hey, it happens, I'm not married to the board). However when you say things like "I wish I had explored this site before purchasing solex or getting involved" like you're trying to blame solex for your issue, a great program we all love and appreciate (where's my advertisement money?) you just seem whiney. So you have a problem with your drone, guess what, we've all been there, but we ask for help and we ask the right people. We type up what we've tried and what you think you'll try next. The more details you give the more people have to work with and will try to help out. But by god, the rest of this post? "people are lashing out", "people are being rude", "People are making jokes" ohhhh " matt posted an example of nasty messages and is bragging about it..". Sorry, but you're the one who's actually acting like a small child. It's like you haven't gotten the immediate help you wanted, so now you're going to complain........ ABOUT EVERYTHING.

Grow up, stop taking everything as some personal insult. Stop whining about things. Seriously. How are you going to be helped fix your drone issue or any other issue for that matter if you want to quit and walk away just because you don't like how the other kids play? That there is a perfect example of immature school yard attitudes.

So quit with the speeches, quit with the drama, we'd love to help you fix your drone but not if it comes with having to read a long winding "Dear John" letter every time. You don't have to like the people on here but they do give good advice that may just help you. Your choice, either way, eternity is a long time and I am looking forward to it. I intend to live forever!

Maybe the reason that everyone hasn't jumped up here to help you and get on board with an answer for you is........... wait for it............ they haven't experienced that particular problem so they are doing a bit of research. Or maybe they just didn't see the post (I didn't until today, hey, it happens, I'm not married to the board). However when you say things like "I wish I had explored this site before purchasing solex or getting involved" like you're trying to blame solex for your issue, a great program we all love and appreciate (where's my advertisement money?) you just seem whiney. So you have a problem with your drone, guess what, we've all been there, but we ask for help and we ask the right people. We type up what we've tried and what you think you'll try next. The more details you give the more people have to work with and will try to help out. But by god, the rest of this post? "people are lashing out", "people are being rude", "People are making jokes" ohhhh " matt posted an example of nasty messages and is bragging about it..". Sorry, but you're the one who's actually acting like a small child. It's like you haven't gotten the immediate help you wanted, so now you're going to complain........ ABOUT EVERYTHING.

Grow up, stop taking everything as some personal insult. Stop whining about things. Seriously. How are you going to be helped fix your drone issue or any other issue for that matter if you want to quit and walk away just because you don't like how the other kids play? That there is a perfect example of immature school yard attitudes.

So quit with the speeches, quit with the drama, we'd love to help you fix your drone but not if it comes with having to read a long winding "Dear John" letter every time. You don't have to like the people on here but they do give good advice that may just help you. Your choice, either way, eternity is a long time and I am looking forward to it. I intend to live forever!
Number one I'm not interested in your dissertation! Number two, I am not complaining about anyone not helping me. Number three I am sort of insinuating you're one of the ones I am talking about. I don't need any explanation or dissertation from you nor my complaining about anything I just made an observation how everyone wants to jump on everyone when there is no need for it. So please step off and go f*** with someone else because I don't care to hear it nor do I need to I've been in this field a lot longer than you and have a lot more experience and stuff that you could not even imagine. Such as the United States Navy working on missile-launching control systems for a 14 Tomcats. I was in a q. So I'm not lagging it experience or knowledge I'm just making a simple observation as to the nonsense of the likes of such as you and others that just seem to be attracted to poking and instigating people. So please try the two-year-old logic on somebody else. For your information on the topic on this thread I have researched it and there have been people having problems. Did you see me complaining on This Thread about the help I received, no! The only thing I have said was my observation on the thread of the guy wanting to leave the forum and all of the nonsense I saw so please go elsewhere cuz I'm not listening to the two year old logic

Last edited:
Why insinuate? Why not just say "Hey, I think you're a douchbag!" I can take it, honestly, I'm a grown up ;).

Well thank you for the lovely history of yourself and what you've worked with, it's actually kinda cool and impressive sounding. Well done you.
With all that knowledge and experience behind you no wonder it's frustrating and annoying that you can't get a simple drone to work properly. Ya know, I've never had the "follow me" feature act up or orbit shots mess up on me in anyway, however the "look at me" did have that issue that the copter would yaw 90 degree's to the right and face away from me. No matter how close or far it was away from the controller. However I had assumed this was because I was living in an area with poor GPS. It never occurred to me at the time that the compass calibration was off and that was a contributing factor. I'll be damned if I know why. May be something you want to look into.

By the way, it wasn't a dissertation, it was an analysis based upon the facts that you presented, a dissertation is usually required, an analysis I gladly do for free rocket man!

Why insinuate? Why not just say "Hey, I think you're a douchbag!" I can take it, honestly, I'm a grown up ;).

Well thank you for the lovely history of yourself and what you've worked with, it's actually kinda cool and impressive sounding. Well done you.
With all that knowledge and experience behind you no wonder it's frustrating and annoying that you can't get a simple drone to work properly. Ya know, I've never had the "follow me" feature act up or orbit shots mess up on me in anyway, however the "look at me" did have that issue that the copter would yaw 90 degree's to the right and face away from me. No matter how close or far it was away from the controller. However I had assumed this was because I was living in an area with poor GPS. It never occurred to me at the time that the compass calibration was off and that was a contributing factor. I'll be damned if I know why. May be something you want to look into.

By the way, it wasn't a dissertation, it was an analysis based upon the facts that you presented, a dissertation is usually required, an analysis I gladly do for free rocket man!
Ok, look douchebag, thats what you would want me to say, not from me!! All my drones work absolutely flawless for your information. I am just new to solo and ask some basic question. You know what, I'm not letting you draw me in your little petty imature life. Go, I'm not impressed! Just keep showing you true self. I'm not the only one watching. Three clubs I belong to are as well. I almost had them getting solos, after the likes of you, they are appalled.

Just ask them if they would care to have promotional materials made for them (ie. drone footage) to advertise their amazing course. You'll gladly provide it free of charge or for a reduced fee and they can use it how you see fit.

Reactions: Solo Keith
Those rules won’t apply there. I don’t think they want the attention. But don’t think I haven’t thought about it

Ok, look douchebag, thats what you would want me to say, not from me!! All my drones work absolutely flawless for your information. I am just new to solo and ask some basic question. You know what, I'm not letting you draw me in your little petty imature life. Go, I'm not impressed!
Hmmm you do realize that I just offered you advice on another angle you could look into regarding your drones issue and you somehow completely overlooked that right? Oh also you say all your drones work absolutely flawless..... yet your very first post in this thread is about you having an issue with one of your drones. So..... which is it? Also I'm not expect you to be drawn in, you're leaving this forum remember? I'm offering you a parting gift. Your welcome.

Actually what I was REALLY doing was a thing called Sensitivity Analysis. You see I was basically trying different sets of inputs on you to see how they would affect the outcome of your responses. It's actually a very good analysis system that you can use for a variety of uses. Everything from a building a psychological profile to drone repair or systems diagnostics. Hence the defense, attack and placate replies. I even threw in a little playfulness with the last one as an added bonus. Kinda like giving a thumbs up on a Facebook reply comment.

You're a fun guy, let's be friends!

Elephants, Irishman. Do not anger the ever watching Elephants. For they are vengeful, and will smote those below.... or at least piss on them

Reactions: DJMc
I have been flying my Solo # 1 since 2015, with over 1,000 flights I have learned a little. Most of my flights are in Follow mode; there is a lot to know about Follow that is not apparent.

I use Solex occasionally but it is Android based and does not support dynamic altitude(DA) with my Nexus 7. Dynamic altitude is a requirement when I run steep trails. I don't like Apple but the Mini 4 gets a solid GPS fix and has an on-board barometer for DA.

Proper Follow is about both Solo and the device being followed having a strong GPS fix. On days where GPS is weak Solo will wander around and yaw/pan will be off target. I learned how to deal with the yaw inaccuracy by re-positioning Solo so yaw frames the subject. Moving further away from the subject will also help dampen the yaw and keep you in frame. On a strong GPS day I can get Solo right off my hood and it positions well even at 30 mph.

I'm happy to share what I learned about follow. Truth be told many of the self appointed experts either don't know or give the wrong advice leading to their behavior. I have come to trust my diligence and combine it with what I have learned from this forum. The behavior of some here is just an annoyance for me I don't give a rat about them.

There is no obligation for any of use to read a post, lend assistance or reply in any way. If a complete Newbie posts a stupid question I'll just ignore it or refer them to the manual. There is no reason demean someone for joining the Solo community IMO. If you don't have something constructive to say then say nothing and this board will be a better place for all.

I'm here to both learn and to share advice; the so called experts here don't know all the answers and based on their behavior is how much credibility I place in them.

BTW the Tomcat is my favorite plane ever since I worked on Top Gun.

Reactions: Solo Keith

I have been flying my Solo # 1 since 2015, with over 1,000 flights I have learned a little. Most of my flights are in Follow mode; there is a lot to know about Follow that is not apparent.

I use Solex occasionally but it is Android based and does not support dynamic altitude(DA) with my Nexus 7. Dynamic altitude is a requirement when I run steep trails. I don't like Apple but the Mini 4 gets a solid GPS fix and has an on-board barometer for DA.

Proper Follow is about both Solo and the device being followed having a strong GPS fix. On days where GPS is weak Solo will wander around and yaw/pan will be off target. I learned how to deal with the yaw inaccuracy by re-positioning Solo so yaw frames the subject. Moving further away from the subject will also help dampen the yaw and keep you in frame. On a strong GPS day I can get Solo right off my hood and it positions well even at 30 mph.

I'm happy to share what I learned about follow. Truth be told many of the self appointed experts either don't know or give the wrong advice leading to their behavior. I have come to trust my diligence and combine it with what I have learned from this forum. The behavior of some here is just an annoyance for me I don't give a rat about them.

There is no obligation for any of use to read a post, lend assistance or reply in any way. If a complete Newbie posts a stupid question I'll just ignore it or refer them to the manual. There is no reason demean someone for joining the Solo community IMO. If you don't have something constructive to say then say nothing and this board will be a better place for all.

I'm here to both learn and to share advice; the so called experts here don't know all the answers and based on their behavior is how much credibility I place in them.

BTW the Tomcat is my favorite plane ever since I worked on Top Gun.
Thank you for your courteous input, and advice to me. I appreciate it more than you know. I have come to understand that I have no problem with people being a newbie and asking stupid questions we were all newbies at one time. But I also have come to learn that I'll just ignore the arrogance at times because there is so much wealth of knowledge on here to learn from such as Matt and a few others which I appreciate them regardless of what they think. And yes the Tom cat was my favorite plane as well. It was a shame to see it go. Again thank you. It has been raining here so much I have not been able to try anything again but will get back at it as soon as weather permits.

A-10 Warthog. Only plane that came with a continous fire time limit lest the gun stall the aircraft. And I just love how ugly the damned thing is. It's as though the designers went "fuck it, it's gonna KILL TANKS. Make it as ugly as possible"

It was a myth firing the gun would stall the aircraft. On very early A10's the gun firing could starve the engines of oxygen so self sustaining combustion chambers with ignitors were added to prevent engine stalls. Sustained fire would wear out the barrels so crew chiefs logged how long the bursts were.

I worked for a shop that subbed work for Hughes on the AH64 which also used a 30mm gun, our issue was gun mounting which posed different issues in a chopper.

My shop is right off the Nellis AFB runway. When B1's or F35's come out all talking stops. A10's regularly come out of Nellis and I don't hear them till they're practically overhead and they are usually banked over 90 degrees.

Just something about the F14 swing wing that set it apart.

I stand corrected. I was unaware the problem had been rectified.

I learned something today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea