Solo Still Photography camera?

Reaction score
Is there any news on when a camera is coming out thatll take better photos than the gopro?

I mean these images are just horrible. I can't use them for anything other than IG sometimes.

Or any suggestions to get the best quality image out of a gopro?

Is there any news on when a camera is coming out thatll take better photos than the gopro?

I mean these images are just horrible. I can't use them for anything other than IG sometimes.

Can't believe what you just said!
Top notch movie producers & still shot photographers around the world have been & still using GP4HB to collect there awards & pay checks With!
Your don't know what you got.
Ask around "without condemning GoPro" you may get some good advise.
Start below.
Suggested GoPro Settings for Solo

Can't believe what you just said!
Top notch movie producers & still shot photographers around the world have been & still using GP4HB to collect there awards & pay checks With!
Your don't know what you got.
Ask around "without condemning GoPro" you may get some good advise.
Start below.
Suggested GoPro Settings for Solo

Im prob just doing it wrong. I guess Id like to see some RAW capabilities with the gopro.

I put a Canon S100 - S110 on the solo and trigger with CHDK. No live feed so a bit hit and miss but can get some nice images now and then.

The number one thing you can do to improve stills on solo is not a new camera
its replace the lens.
and for the price of that you could not buy another camera that would surpase hero 4 Black.
If you shoot protune, it is not RAW but does shoot a flat image with minimal processing that can be easily graded.

Reactions: SteveReno
The main thing missing here in my opinion is a way to mount a standard 1/4" camera on the vibration isolated gimbal mount. - there are plenty of small micro 4/3rd cameras with HDMI feed including the Panasonic G7 - if I could just figure out a way to mount the darn thing without duck tape ha!

Reactions: erikgraham

This may be a stupid question, but are you processing the videos/photos?

The main thing missing here in my opinion is a way to mount a standard 1/4" camera on the vibration isolated gimbal mount. - there are plenty of small micro 4/3rd cameras with HDMI feed including the Panasonic G7 - if I could just figure out a way to mount the darn thing without duck tape ha!
Many camera mounts available for Solo, But to give up Smart Shots, HD feed, Gimbal & complete GoPro settings, well it's going to have to be one HELL of a camera!

it's not complete GoPro control if I cant change one of the most important parameters: ISO

I'm lucky enough to have two Solo's and use one for aerial surveys so I may go for this set up.

http://escadrone.com/solo-mapper/?lang=en

Sony QX1 camera • APS-C Sensor (23,2 x 15,4 mm) • 16mm lens (compatible Sony E Mount) • 20,1 MegaPixels • Jpeg + Raw recording

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Mike Davis
Sony QX1 camera • APS-C Sensor (23,2 x 15,4 mm) • 16mm lens (compatible Sony E Mount) • 20,1 MegaPixels • Jpeg + Raw recording

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
What? Is the QX1 a new camera for solo and can you actually shoot footage for filmmakers I know one if the Sony cameras you can't and need an auto desk subscription to get it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Granny