Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A perfect weather window presented itself so I took off on a solo mission out to Hook Reef, about 8 hours sail from the mainland. Four days of amazingness followed! Great sunsets, good spearfishing and some encounters with sharks made for an epic adventure. The sea was calm enough that I could fly my Solo of the bow of my boat whenever I wanted so I got some pretty mean footage.

Great job Vernon! I always enjoy watching your great, well edited videos!

(Does anyone else see the resemblance to Spicoli?)

Wow that's an awesome experience!!!. nice job with the video too.

i think the whole video was shot with GoPro right? Could you give some detaiks on version and settings? Did you use any filters, underwater/in flight?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A perfect weather window presented itself so I took off on a solo mission out to Hook Reef, about 8 hours sail from the mainland. Four days of amazingness followed! Great sunsets, good spearfishing and some encounters with sharks made for an epic adventure. The sea was calm enough that I could fly my Solo of the bow of my boat whenever I wanted so I got some pretty mean footage.
4:46 stunning aerial

Wow that's an awesome experience!!!. nice job with the video too.

i think the whole video was shot with GoPro right? Could you give some detaiks on version and settings? Did you use any filters, underwater/in flight?

Thanks for watching! I used my GoPro Hero 4 black a bunch in this episode, handheld, on a gimbal and another one on my Solo. On the Solo I have it set up how its suggested in this forum, no filters yet but I'm in the process of ordering a ND and Cp filter. I'm just shooting 1080 as I can't be bothered with all the 4K hassle in edit and as its just for my YouTube stuff I don't really need the better quality. I know lots of people will say its dumb to not use the full capability of the camera but as it is I already spend way more time than I want to editing and would rather be out sailing and filming than in front of my computer. I also use my Canon 5d lll for film and also a Canon G40 handycam.

Reactions: CWick22
Thanks for watching! I used my GoPro Hero 4 black a bunch in this episode, handheld, on a gimbal and another one on my Solo. On the Solo I have it set up how its suggested in this forum, no filters yet but I'm in the process of ordering a ND and Cp filter. I'm just shooting 1080 as I can't be bothered with all the 4K hassle in edit and as its just for my YouTube stuff I don't really need the better quality. I know lots of people will say its dumb to not use the full capability of the camera but as it is I already spend way more time than I want to editing and would rather be out sailing and filming than in front of my computer. I also use my Canon 5d lll for film and also a Canon G40 handycam.

Cool. I get what you're saying about edit time. It's kills a lot of valuabe time. Good luck with the filters. I'm just starting to use them myself.

Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo