Solo Rescues Phantom......(look a like?)

I'm not sure if I would attempt risking my SOLO for a Phantom in exceeding SOLO's recommended payload weight.

It does bring to mind, could SOLO rescue another SOLO?

Something to ponder.

Jubalr,

I wouldn't risk my bird for that $40 look-a-like either. A Phantom with battery would be too heavy to pull that off. He did a great job though!

Jerry

Any operation like this, you have to weigh the risk of the hook getting snagged on something and now you're tied down. Once you hook and lift the "victim", you now have a swaying payload that can easily cause a loss of control. For those reasons, I would be very leery of doing this without an EPM gripper or servo operated hook on the belly to jettison the recovery line if things go bad. If there was no wind, and nothing in the area to snag with the hook, I might be more inclined to do this.

Actually no :) Believe me, I'm far from the smartest dude here. I just put on a good show.

Reactions: J R
@Jubalr did a great job hooking his target and bringing it down, and while there are cautious details to be taken I applaud the innovation and eagerness to help despite the risks.

If he got snagged it wouldn't be a complete loss, he could just land and bust out the ladder. He saw a solution and went for it- well done!

- R

Thanks Raston. But all I did was find the video. Wasn't me in the video. But I certainly would have been willing to give it a try.

Thanks Raston. But all I did was find the video. Wasn't me in the video. But I certainly would have been willing to give it a try.
Thank you for the distinction, missed that. Still, props to the pilot and thanks to you for the post. :)

- R

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks