Solo replacement parts questions from a new owner.

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've been reading over the forum for a couple weeks now learning all I can and have really picked up some valuable information!

Just picked up my first solo about a week ago from Best Buy with they're current deal, I was in love from the first flight! I also have a TTROBOTIX Ghost+ that I've had for about 5 months, and I ended up listing it for sale after the first day of owning the solo. I then proceeded to buy 4 extra batteries taking advantage of the $50 amazon deal, two sets of props, just picked up the backpack today when they went on sale for $50, did the gps mod, also bought the Solex App.

So here's my main reason for making this post. I'm getting concerned with finding replacement motor pods for the future. I'm the type of person who likes to have on hand replacements for everything, and I can't find them in Stock anywhere!
I also don't have confidence in myself to do the t-motor swap, even though I REALLY want to.

So my question for all you wonderful people is,
A: where can I find some replacement motor pods in stock to buy while I still can
B: is there anyone on the forums that I can pay to do the t-motor swap for me and/or sell me some extra pods with the motors already installed and setup for the stock props?
I would like to have them available for if I ever need them while I'm out in the wilderness filming.

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate post but I couldn't find any answers, even after about 2 days of searching.

Thanks everyone who has contributed to the platform and the forum, and I'm stoked to be a part of the best open platform drone system out there! And I'm excites to see what all of the 3rd party developers come up with, now having access to the recently released code from 3dr.

A lot of folks on this forum own 3, 4, even 5 Solos and consider at least one of them their "spare parts bin". Considering the cost of stock parts (when you can find them) and the low cost of complete, new Solos, it makes sense.

A lot of folks on this forum own 3, 4, even 5 Solos and consider at least one of them their "spare parts bin". Considering the cost of stock parts (when you can find them) and the low cost of complete, new Solos, it makes sense.
You know that also crossed my mind. I mean shoot, for only $400 right now with the extra free stuff it's almost a no Brainer. I may end up picking another one up here in the coming week or two. Maybe the price will drop even more. Lol

Did you try eBay? Somebody had a bunch of them for sale that they bought from 3DR.

Don't forget you can also just replace the motors on the pods.
That's what I mainly want to do, is replace them with the T-Motors, I'm just not sure if I should take on that challenge, I don't know if I'm quite qualified enough to take on that mission. Lol

Whether you fly the drone for fun or for business, eventually, you will face the replacement issues. For me, I paid my due on Cheerson cx20 and 3DR Iris, I can change any parts and reconfigure them to different. I even tried mixing the parts. Once you do it once, you will be comfortable for whatever changes in the future.

Right now, the solo is so inexperience, I would get one for spare parts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo