• GPS issues, but working otherwise

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Experiences some issues that were NOT resolved by 3DR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Still waiting for my Solo

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Thought it would be interesting to see the numbers of working/problematic Solos here.

Need more options. I have not had a crash nor is it Dead. But it has been far from great.

Reactions: C. Jensen
I chose "great no issues so far!" which is true with this, the second Solo.

The first Solo had a defective radio (as determined by 3DR engineers) and was returned, so I can't honestly say I've had no issues.

Let me know what other options would be helpful and I'll add them!

Let me know what other options would be helpful and I'll add them!
How about something along the lines of; "Had some issues but they have been resolved with the help of 3DR support?"

No issues with the flight at all yet. Not happy with only being able to use a gopro, though.

I think the #1 is going to be. Had some issues with updates, working now, but performance is down in one ore more categories.

Reactions: C. Jensen
I think the #1 is going to be. Had some issues with updates, working now, but performance is down in one ore more categories.

Hmm, I've seen two people who claim their performance has suffered post update. Most of us have had the opposite experience post update. Do you know of others who are suffering post update, I mean enough to make this the #1 choice?

Actually the most common complaints I have seen are GPS is harder to acquire and that the physical range seems to be down.

But really hard to judge range on one days flying as conditions make a lot of difference. I guess if the poll is reworked we will find out.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Please add another option "Experienced some issues that were not resolved by 3DR"

In my particular case - 3DR tech guy at the phone says it is all normal respectively my fault (to choose wrong location for flying), but I respectfully disagreed with him - on my question why do I need to wait for GPS ready for 15 minutes in open sky place, while I have plenty of sats immediately locked on the phone sitting just few feet from the SOLO and solo itself have more than enough sats for perfect, low HDOP 3D fix.
I was enlightened this is normal at some places, at which point I gave up on further discussion.

Last edited:
Please add another option "Experienced some issues that were not resolved by 3DR"

Done. I wish it would let me re-order these questions, but so far it's looking positive (albeit the small sample). I also added GPS issues option.

our flying conditions in des moines right now suck due to forest fire smoke and insane humidity.

In my particular case - 3DR tech guy at the phone says it is all normal respectively my fault (to choose wrong location for flying), but I respectfully disagreed with him - on my question why do I need to wait for GPS ready for 15 minutes in open sky place, while I have plenty of sats immediately locked on the phone sitting just few feet from the SOLO and solo itself have more than enough sats for perfect, low HDOP 3D fix.
I was enlightened this is normal at some places, at which point I gave up on further discussion.
It took me about 15 minutes on my Solo to get a GPS lock my on my initial set up, it has been much faster since, and extemely fast since the update. My 3DR Iris+ took over 20 minutes and several attempts (I kept giving up at about 12 minutes). I called customer support regarding my Iris+ and was told to wait for up to 30 minutes...thought they were crazy. But since those initial locks, neither of my 3DRs have had long wait times.

And you are right Rich, I forgot about those who are having GPS problems, which is more than 2.

You know I guess I did not consider the fact people might have to go through the initial GPS location lock again. So first acquisition might take longer.

You know I guess I did not consider the fact people might have to go through the initial GPS location lock again. So first acquisition might take longer.

Which was my complaint with the Iris+, there should have been a note in the "quick start" guide explaining that the initial GPS lock could take up to XX minutes to achieve. Being used to DJI, even 10 minutes seemed too long to wait!

Honestly every GPS device I have owned has taken longer the first time. Not sure why I did not even consider that after an upgrade.

Regardless I hope it works for you guys and the GPS is solid.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
After several days of evaluation, I can say that my gps lock quality is significantly worse post-update. I used to get 12 satellites with no gps loss during a flight. Now I have 7-8 with frequent gps cut out

After several days of evaluation, I can say that my gps lock quality is significantly worse post-update. I used to get 12 satellites with no gps loss during a flight. Now I have 7-8 with frequent gps cut out
I get more satellites but it takes longer to get the required lower HDOP before its "Ready to Fly"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks