phantom or solo

• phantom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • solo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
i know the phantom is more money and money is one of the biggest factors so should i get the solo or the phantom 3 standard edition?

It depends on whether or not you already have a GoPro I guess(H3+ black and H4 silver or black are models that work with Solo). Solo has better smart shots and a slightly lower flight time but other than that they really are not much different. I own both and use the solo more often because it is easy to see in the sky and the longer body makes it easier to maintain orientation at a distance. I can do the same things with either one but overall I like the Solo better.

Reactions: Tamj and truoccm
i know the phantom is more money and money is one of the biggest factors so should i get the solo or the phantom 3 standard edition?

I could say a lot, but basically if you have a GoPro that will work with Solo then it's a no-brainer, get the Solo.
If you like using a GoPro, get a Solo.
If you want a more open-source product, then get a Solo.

I would go with Solo if you have a GoPro. Even with 3DR leaning towards commercial aspects of Solo, and with the android updates being few and far between, I feel with Kelly Schrock constantly improving the Solex app, we will have a viable alternative for some time to come. Besides, with the deals on Solo right now, for me it would be a no brainer. Whichever way you go, good luck to you.

price aside, solo is better than the karma or mavic in my opinion. whatever checkbox you check, fold up like origami, obstacle avoidance, middle finger gestures...they can't trump cable cam.

so since price is a factor for you, purchasing one at this ridiculous prices is a no-brainer. you could buy 2 for less than the price of one mavic or karma.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44