Solo neglected

Reaction score
Hi guys! I have left my poor Solo in a dark corner for at least 4-5 months. I wonder if this neglect will damage all 5 of my batteries. There were at 50% when I checked yesterday night. Should I charge them up now or charge when I'm ready to fly?

Unbelievably, the controller battery still registered at nearly full charge. I have the extended battery. Controller batt holds charge better than the Solo batt?

Fear not: That neglect will not harm Solo batteries. They are designed to self-discharge to 50% and then stay there for a long time, even years later, because 50% is the best for long-term storage. So there's no benefit to charging them now unless you plan to fly them very soon. The best way to use them is to charge them fully as soon before flight as possible, and if run below 50% during flight, to recharge them to 50% or higher after flight.

Reactions: AlienPanda
And the lithium battery in your controller is much more user friendly that the lipo flight batteries. It'll sit at pretty much any charge level without issue. It just doesn't have as high an energy level as the more demanding lipo...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc