Reaction score
Hey guys,I'm new to the forum,and I have a question. I've had my solo for 2months now and never had a problem with it,till today. I was flying it by the docks as usua l,and I lost signal, usually it RTH, however,it decided to land in the ocean and so I no longer have my drone,is there anyone who can tell me what may have happened. My batteries were at 65% and 8 had 11sats. I think it was the Solex app I downloaded recently cuz I never had that problem before,it never had issues with the 4th till I got the app it wouldn't RtH on low battery automatically,I would have to manually engage,I'm just guessing here tho,don't no for sure,need answers

No,after a few attempts and then linking the app,I ran the battery calibration bcuz they were giving me problems with rapid discharge, I took it on a couple test flights everything seemed fine with the functionality, I did notice that during one test flight the battery had dropped to 25% and Solo did not engage RTH,I remained in control,but when the connection dropped it remained where it was in the air,it didn't land on it's own as it did today,in the ocean,were the battery was at 65% the volts were around 14.89 I made the U to come back manually as I was completing my manuever I lost connection and that's were crap hit the fan. No doubt interference from the yachts I was filming,but that's happened before and RTH would kick in no sweat,but I was using the stock solo app then.

"The app" did not make these things happen. That is not a programmatic possability. Also, if you knew there were problems with the failsafes, I'm not sure why you repeatedly kept flying it, including out over open water. If you know it's not working properly, you don't go fly in high risk environments. Or at at least don't be surprised when the totally expected outcome takes place.

The most likely scenario is that you inadvertently disabled the failsafes poking around in the app. Log data would tell the tale for real.

Reactions: DesmondAKADez
True, I messed up big flying where I did.so by just running the calibration I messed up my failsafe? Since I wasn't familiar with the app itself I didn't mess with it much,like I said once it linked up,which it did by itself ,just had to do the old on/off technique and everything registed, I didn't mess with any of the flight profiles stuff,and yeah there was the error with return to home during that one test flight, however,after that it didn't happen again, so I assumed all was well,I'd even turned off the controller during a demonstration and RTH activated,so I was pretty sold at that point that everything thing was OK. No other previous flights indicated any issues.

I surveyed an abandoned school the day before yesterday and I lost signal and RTH did it's thing,so it's not like it was a persistent thing,the batteries had even improved after the calibration ?,which was the main reason I'd gotten the app. Had I had any reason to believe it would do what it did I'd never fly it where I did,but in hindsight I should have looked into the first issue abit more and not just brushed it off.

OK, those details are quite different than your original description. Still not something the app made happen and also not something "calibrating" a battery is going to lead to. There are two ways it goes into land mode as a failsafe: You changed the failsafe parameter to land instead of return, or GPS is lost, in which case it can't return and will land instead. If this happened at the same time you lost controller signal, it's possible the same interference that killed the controller signal also killed the GPS. But this is all speculation.

OK, those details are quite different than your original description. Still not something the app made happen and also not something "calibrating" a battery is going to lead to. There are two ways it goes into land mode as a failsafe: You changed the failsafe parameter to land instead of return, or GPS is lost, in which case it can't return and will land instead. If this happened at the same time you lost controller signal, it's possible the same interference that killed the controller signal also killed the GPS. But this is all speculation.
Indeed however I highly agree with that last part as I said I was flying around a cluster of yachts and they have all types of GPS and Wi-Fi equipment and in hindsight I do believe that that did knock out my GPS because I definitely didn't change any parameters the vehicle was basically set up the same way as it was when I was using the original app cuz I said I didn't know enough about the app to go messing around in that stuff but yeah I highly believe that the same thing that took out my wifi also knocked out my GPS as well, this just goes to show why thoroughly reading the user manual is important because had I done that I'llof been aware of thatas a possibility and more cautious as to where I fly

I have the logs files ,which ones do I need to focus on?

Seriously? The guy pulled his Log files and everyone stops responding? Even if it went into a private conversation.. finish the thread so other people who might find themselves in a similar situation can look back and use this thread for guidance. Looks like answers were quick when it came time to snap at him for thinking it might be the app (heaven forbid it could ever be a fault with an app. That's just insane thinking!)

Seriously? The guy pulled his Log files and everyone stops responding? Even if it went into a private conversation.. finish the thread so other people who might find themselves in a similar situation can look back and use this thread for guidance. Looks like answers were quick when it came time to snap at him for thinking it might be the app (heaven forbid it could ever be a fault with an app. That's just insane thinking!)
Whoa, easy there.

Many of us still have other concerns and things to do. Despite the state of the world. Remember, not a one of us is anything but volunteering our time and knowledge. If it takes a couple weeks to get an answer, then you still got a great price

Seriously? You came on here 2 months later to complain about something you have nothing to do with without knowing anything about it? I reviewed his log files and provided extensive feedback in the facebook group where he was also posting about this. Are you offering to be my secretary and Desmond's administrative assistant to mop up every post and comment to your personal satisfaction?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc