Solo long range antenna suggestions

Reaction score
I could use some suggestions on a long-range antenna setup. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

I can confirm what Jublar says about the FPVLR antenna punching through foliage and other obstacles. Using stock antennas, I will lose signal flying at a park I frequent when Solo is behind trees about 150 yards away. With the FPVLR antenna, I never have had that problem flying in the exact same area. I think a lot of people on here will agree that FPVLR is a real good buy for the money. As far as distance goes, I have had my FPVLR setup a little over a mile out with some signal strength left. I chickened out at that point, and brought it home. I bought it for the stronger signal closer in, and so far it has worked out great. Just remember it is a somewhat directional antenna, meaning you have to keep it pointed towards Solo for best results. Good luck, and fly safe.

Reactions: Solo Keith
What kind of range did this give you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stock I could not get out to save my butt I put them in and got a 100% increase, it was an impressive change and well worth it. those directional antennas are IMO not powerful enough to go around trees houses etc.

look up this guy on you tube it tells you everything you need to know. Madbassmassacre R/C he has some cool mods on gps upgrades also. I put in the mini 8 and I get 15 sats in less than 40 sec's

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc