Solo is in danger !

Stuff like this had been around while.
The thing is... now that the FAA has inserted itself into the mix, drones are now classified as actual aircraft - and shooting one down is a genuine felony!
We'll have to see how things play out.

but i think Solo will RTH when wifi is lost, GPS has to be blocked also

Oh look. Another anti drone gun click bait website. The product doesn't exist. You can't buy it. It doesn't work. And it will never be allowed. Next.

Reactions: Droneography
Stuff like this had been around while.
The thing is... now that the FAA has inserted itself into the mix, drones are now classified as actual aircraft - and shooting one down is a genuine felony!
We'll have to see how things play out.

1) FCC would have something to say about this as it is very illegal, even for Law Enforcement.

2) A severely doubt the FAA is going to pursue any drone shootings. there have been several in the past, and most recently the 8 that were shot down at the pipeline protests.

#2 NEEDS to be changed!

Last edited:
Guys, these are for law enforcement and they are needed! There are some dipsticks out there that think they can fly whenever and wherever they want. This is not the case anymore now that the FAA is involved. I work in the UAV industry and I can tell you there are a lot of things coming that are much worse then this thing.

H-

Reactions: sc76
Guys, these are for law enforcement and they are needed! There are some dipsticks out there that think they can fly whenever and wherever they want. This is not the case anymore now that the FAA is involved. I work in the UAV industry and I can tell you there are a lot of things coming that are much worse then this thing.

H-
SMH.....

They still need to get FCC approval, and I doubt they will.

SMH.....

They still need to get FCC approval, and I doubt they will.
Don't be to sure, I agree the FCC can trip them up but the current mood could help their case to get it approved.

Remember, 2.4 and 5.8 are shared bands. Those fancy RF guns will be disrupting more than just drones......

I believe the Drone Defender anti drone gun also jams the GPS. That's why it has two big Yagi's on it.

Regards,
David R. Boulanger

These stupid things all work the exact same way. Wide band, high power, highly directional radio transmission that blocks the 2.4ghz and 5ghz frequencies used for control (basically the free-for-all bands and WiFi) and the 1.2ghz frequencies used by GPS. This will effectively jam control and GPS for most consumer drones. And any DIY drones that happens to use those frequencies as well. However, there are other frequencies you can use on the DIY birds. My large Y6 is on 433mhz which these stupid guns will do nothing against.

What makes these things problematic is how the drones will respond to the loss of control signal and/or loss of GPS signal. In their promotional video, they show a phantom nicely landing itself in some grass. Which may or may not happen. How a drone responds to a loss of GPS or loss control signal is widely variable. Simply cutting all that off has a high potential of making the situation more dangerous than it was before. Having it uncontrollably crash into whatever happens to be below it while drifting with the wind is hardly a good idea. But that is exactly what most of these stupid things will cause.

Reactions: mecummings.cr
Im never surprised anymore by the drone parinoia.

My guess is no one is going to go buy that thing if they already have a shotgun sitting around.
I dont fly near places that would actually pay for something like that.

So does this mean the operator of the "Drone Defender" becomes pilot in command of the sUAS and assumes all liability for it's safe landing once they have jammed and taken over the flight controls? Sounds like a huge legal mess for the manufacturer of that Drone Defender. I cannot imagine any municipality wanting to take on that responsibility with their police force attempting to forcefully land anything. In heavy wind with no gps control I would hate to count on the computer in an antenna gun to try landing a quad without manual control using the sticks.

The Drone Defender I believe is only for law enforcement. Pretty sure one would need a FCC license to legally operate it due to the isotropic radiating power. Its all a big legal mess.
Regards,
David R. Boulanger

Would be more helpful to make a ray gun to keep drunk drivers from getting in a car as they leave a bar. Oh... they did that... well sort of it's called Uber.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44