Solo Glass Cockpit

• Thread starter Deleted member 5038
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5038

Hi All,
Don't know about you, but with all what I need for my flights (paper, PC, one screen for Sequoia, one for Tower, one for Solo, time meter,....) I am just dreaming of a glass cockpit in front of me, like on the Cessna I am used to pilot...
Has anyone ever thought of developing such integrated front panel ?
(Is my dream crazy ?)

Pickup truck or van with a full "gaming PC" setup. Chair with controllers built in to the armrests, 3 wide-screen monitors, and long-range, amplified wi-fi antennas mounted on top! :cool:

Reactions: Acroduster
Just an integrated control tower with everything at finger tip.

I can see how it would be useful but am having a hard time picturing something like that being very portable. I am curious how many things can make a connection to solo at the same time and if this could be done using a few different tablets velcroed to a sheet music holder. It would not be hard to put a sun shade over the whole thing. I just don't know if solo would allow the additional devices to connect or if you would need to split the screens to different monitors from a single device. A simple egg timer or alarm on the phone would do for the timer. It would be nice if you fly close to parking most of the time.

The limitations come from the Wifi links ; I need one for Sequoia cam, one for Solo, one for TowerApp, plus a 4G/LTE for the realtime map, plus...
(You can connect several devices to Solo but only one (the first connected) and control on it.)
At this stage, it makes three screens of which one has both Cell and Wifi.
If a multiple Wifi receiver exist, then we could think of a bigger display with split Windows... And a stick plus pedals on a rotating seat....
Just a dream ...

couldn't multiple device links be done with a small DD-WRT router connected to the controller (a little travel router like the TPLink MR-3020), and the other devices connecting to it, then using with mavproxy on it to shuffle the mavlink messages around? (sorry if thats a dead end, I haven't had solo yet to actually try that out)

I am afraid a single router cannot be used, as we have three different Wi-Fi streams.... one specific to each device in a One to one link.
Happy to get any idea...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150