Solo Gimbal Micro-HDMI (Type-D) connector replacement

Now you are just bragging...;) Air powered dispenser and microscope are on my wish list.

From what I gather, the gimbal dis-assembly is destructive. Why I did the replacement as assembled. But based on your setup, you likely know a way around that....

I hope both or either of y'all offer a "help repair" service. It will buy the community time until other gimbals are available. I'm good on gimbals and my ability to repair what is broken, but others "less fortunate" surely need assistance. #iflysolo

Well Rich, I will do my best - time permitting to help anyone who needs the assistance. Just let me know what you would like me to do/post/comment etc...Bruce and myself should be able to help the community with our skill sets...please excuse if I over spoke Bruce... :p

I can help our community bring life back to their electronics. Please drop me a note if you would like some help.
dudes.jpg

Reactions: Blaze1tx
Well Rich, I will do my best - time permitting to help anyone who needs the assistance. Just let me know what you would like me to do/post/comment etc...Bruce and myself should be able to help the community with our skill sets...please excuse if I over spoke Bruce... :p
You have not overspoken. I don't have a cool ninja picture to post, however...

Bravo to Dennis and Bruce for stepping up to assist the community! I'm new here and to the drone scene all together and I have no gimbal issues as of yet but I'm certainly pleased to know folks like you guys are around to step up and help. My hats off to ya fellas .

HDMI came off my board in a rough landing. I don't have the skills to solder it back. Someone here willing to do the work?

HDMI came off my board in a rough landing. I don't have the skills to solder it back. Someone here willing to do the work?
I need pictures of the pads where the HDMI sits/sat. Fairly close-up so I can tell if it is salvageable.

I need pictures of the pads where the HDMI sits/sat. Fairly close-up so I can tell if it is salvageable.
It's a clean break; the four pins sheared off. I'm going to look at it again when I get a minute to see if it's something I want to tackle. If I decide it really is beyond my skill set (which seems likely), I'll get a good close-up for you. In the meantime I may just go ahead and buy another gimbal, since that seems to be a potential weak spot in the system and I'd get some peace of mind having a spare on hand. Thanks, Bruce!

Had an opportunity to replace a HDMI connector on a gimbal recently and found something interesting. This is mainly for you Solo die-hoarders....;)

The connector had released (broke off) from the board. Below is an image of the solder pads prior to any repairs. You maybe able to notice that the solder is balled up on the pads. The connector itself had solder on only one of the terminals and the anchor tabs had little solder attached. It was a clean break.

GIMBAL_SOLDER-PAD_COLD.jpg

This is a cold solder joint from lead-free solder, but just an odd occurrence with the gimbals.. Eventually this will cause loss of video due to oxides forming, which is an insulator. And basically a pressure contact at best. Works great as new, but video will deteriorate in time. Cheap and easy repair, find a local shop.

Still the best gimbal for Solo. Surprisingly it can handle a lot of abuse. One-Fifty GP4B, still the best deal going.

Sorry to say I don't offer the repair. I'm sure you could find someone local to process, just buy the connector ahead of time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea