Solo Free Battery

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ordered the Solo from B&H photo and if you order your solo without gimball option they will give you a free extra battery. This doesn't apply if you order the solo with gimball. The gimball its not ready yet so this is a good option. Will buy the gimball when they released it.

Hmmm... 3DR is saying that the free battery is "if" you order with the gimbal, and it is in response to the gimbal delay. I ordered from DroneFly, and that is what they told me also. I ordered with gimbal and have a free battery coming because of the gimbal; delay...

Of course I could be wrong...

Ordered the Solo from B&H photo and if you order your solo without gimball option they will give you a free extra battery. This doesn't apply if you order the solo with gimball. The gimball its not ready yet so this is a good option. Will buy the gimball when they released it.
Something is wrong.

The free battery is because of the gimbal delay. They just extended it to everyone as a courtesy. You should get a free battery NOW if you order a gimbal.

Ordered mine. Didn't order the gimbal. Best Buy gave me a free battery.
yeah that's definitely wrong, then again best buy isnt too smart.
A friend of mine was able to get a canon 11-24 f/4 lens, which is normally $3000 btw, for $300.
They're not exactly informed at all times.

Something is wrong.

The free battery is because of the gimbal delay. They just extended it to everyone as a courtesy. You should get a free battery NOW if you order a gimbal.

Yes, but if I put a order of the gimball only they don't give me any option of an extra battery like when you do it with the Solo no gimball version.

I ordered from BH while at the NAB show in April.
Ordered gimbal too and only received Solo as expected but no extra battery yet.
I want that battery and will be calling them for it asap.

Reactions: LRodVa
Yes, but if I put a order of the gimball only they don't give me any option of an extra battery like when you do it with the Solo no gimball version.
Well I would talk to them and 3DR until I got the answer I wanted. I understand if you split your order it might be hard for them to do.

But 3DRs intent is to give a free battery to anyone W A I T I N G on a gimbal no matter how they ordered it.

Keep in mind its 3DR giving away the battery and not B&H although I see the dealers often make it look like its a special deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: LRodVa
I don't remember there being any stipulations on getting the free battery. I thought all advertising stated that if you pre-ordered prior to a specified date that you'd get the free battery. I got mine from Best Buy (ordered online from a store that had it in stock) and in the BB System the free battery just pop'd up without the rep doing anything special. I'm not sure where they were pulling the free battery from but it doesn't make much sense that if you ordered directly from 3DR that you wouldn't get the battery with your initial order.

Unfortunately there are a lot of unhappy customers right now. Fortunately, I'm not one of them and I've had a relatively smooth experience.

yeah that's definitely wrong, then again best buy isnt too smart.
A friend of mine was able to get a canon 11-24 f/4 lens, which is normally $3000 btw, for $300.
They're not exactly informed at all times.

Best Buy had the promotion planned for a free battery in May. Buy a Solo, get a free battery. It was never tied to the gimbal delay.

Best Buy had the promotion planned for a free battery in May. Buy a Solo, get a free battery. It was never tied to the gimbal delay.

My initial pre-order was with DroneFly and they had the promotion as well. As I remember; the free battery incentive was presented once 3DR realized that the gimbal wasn't going to launch simultaneously with Solo. I think BB was the first to advertise the free battery but shortly after that, all the other vendors began to follow suit.

I know for a fact that the free battery was incentive for me to buy Solo (as well as the ease of use) because once you factored in the price of an battery, Solo now looked as attractive (once the gimbal shipped) at a net cost of $1350. I already have a gopro and there is no way I was only going to be flying 1 battery. I actually fly 5 batteries. I snatched up 3 additional batteries (I have 5 batts in total), 2 from 2 different BB's in Philadelphia and another from a member of this site.

Last edited by a moderator:
My initial pre-order was with DroneFly and they had the promotion as well. As I remember; the free battery incentive was presented once 3DR realized that the gimbal wasn't going to launch simultaneously with Solo. I think BB was the first to advertise the free battery but shortly after that, all the other vendors began to follow suite.

I know for a fact that the free battery was incentive for me to buy Solo (as well as the ease of use) because once you factored in the price of an battery, Solo now looked as attractive (once the gimbal shipped) at a net cost of $1350. I already have a gopro and there is no way I was only going to be flying 1 battery. I actually fly 5 batteries. I snatched up 3 additional batteries (I have 5 batts in total), 2 from 2 different BB's in Philadelphia and another from a member of this site.

Best Buy worked out well for me too. The ability to use the 10% movers coupon + Free battery made it an easy choice for me. I also a bought a 3rd battery a week later. I'll probably stay at 3 batteries.

aw now that I didnt know, i stand corrected.
damn now I should've just bought it at best buy, do they offer a warranty? Best Buy usually does

aw now that I didnt know, i stand corrected.
damn now I should've just bought it at best buy, do they offer a warranty? Best Buy usually does

You get the standard 3DR warranty, but best buy elite rewards members (which I am because of financing camera gear through them) get 60 days return vs 30.

You get the standard 3DR warranty, but best buy elite rewards members (which I am because of financing camera gear through them) get 60 days return vs 30.

gotcha so would you say as a regular customer then there's nothing to gain from getting it at best buy vs direct?

Anyone notice BB took the bonus free battery out of their website. It was there yesterday when I order mine for in store pick up. Now it just got the Solo 3dr no free battery. Are they stopping the promotion?

The free battery wasn't forever. Maybe the promotion ended yesterday.

Dronefly.com are stating that the promotion run till July 15
That was 3DR's original date as well. Any Solos ordered before July 15th would include a fee battery. But it might be one of those 'at participating dealers' promotion.

That was 3DR's original date as well. Any Solos ordered before July 15th would include a fee battery. But it might be one of those 'at participating dealers' promotion.

Where on the 3DR site is this mentioned?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M