Solo flipped

Reaction score
Took my solo out for a flight today trying to land at 5% battery on uneven ground it flipped nothing broken. I was wondering if it flipped because it was on un level ground and battery was low. Also it was not in manual mode.

How uneven was the ground? That's most likely the problem.

Mine also flipped for the first time yesterday while landing. I was on a flat grassy surface and the motors wouldn't shut down even after being on the ground for about 5 seconds while I'm holding the left stick all the way to the bottom. It then rose up a foot or so and flipped over onto the props and finally shut down. If there is any damage it's very light, but curious as to why this happened. I was in "Fly" mode and was landing it manually, not in an automated landing mode. I'll check with support as soon as I can, but thought I'd throw this instance out there too.

Mine also flipped for the first time yesterday while landing. I was on a flat grassy surface and the motors wouldn't shut down even after being on the ground for about 5 seconds while I'm holding the left stick all the way to the bottom. It then rose up a foot or so and flipped over onto the props and finally shut down. If there is any damage it's very light, but curious as to why this happened. I was in "Fly" mode and was landing it manually, not in an automated landing mode. I'll check with support as soon as I can, but thought I'd throw this instance out there too.
I have seen reports of this happening from time to time ever since the introduction of the Solo last year. Not sure what is causing it as it seems to be pretty rare. But being old school, I always take off and land manually (landing in Fly mode is not manual, you are still relying on Solo to determine it is on the ground.). Landing in Manual mode I have never had an issue. Just my opinion..YMMV

I have seen reports of this happening from time to time ever since the introduction of the Solo last year. Not sure what is causing it as it seems to be pretty rare. But being old school, I always take off and land manually (landing in Fly mode is not manual, you are still relying on Solo to determine it is on the ground.). Landing in Manual mode I have never had an issue. Just my opinion..YMMV
Yeah I hear you. I've never had it happen until yesterday either. Been flying my Solo since June of last year. Strange.

I was out flying with a friend who also has a solo, his solo RTL due to low battery and didn't quite make it in time. At about 30 feet it started dropping fast but motors still spinning. It hit pretty hard but stuck the landing, the motors kept spinning and a second later it flipped over. Surprisingly no damage besides a chipped prop. Replaced the prop and his solo is back in the air no problems. That is one tough bird.

mine did the exact same think ! flat surface... flipped ! broke 2 props... scratched the 2 others... called tech support, sent logs...waiting for them to reply...

You can push the A + B & pause and the motors will shut off.....

You can push the A + B & pause and the motors will shut off.....

You can also cut off motors by pulling left stick all the way down and to the left after landing. (left stick down and right arms the motors) You have to take your eyes off the bird and hands off sticks enough to do the button sequence and it isn't intuitive or natural. (Should be a single button with a guard / easily recognized by touch that can be pushed, preferably on the back left side - IMHO) It was designed for Auto-Land to be used, so this is an afterthought.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc