Solo flipped on landing

Reaction score
Flying my solo today,no wind at all. I was landing it with new software uploaded this morning , and it flipped upside down at 20% battery life. This is the second time it did it in 7 months. Anyone have the same issue? Sent the flight log to 3dr, see what they say.

Funny, it happened to me today too. I'm curious if you landed it in manual mode? Or what mode were you using? I've never had it happen in stabilize mode. Today I was bringing it back for a landing in manual mode and set it down when it promptly flipped over on its back and rev'ed up and finally shut down. I was holding the left stick down and full left to shut it down.
I flew it 4 more times and landed in stabilize mode just in case it was something in manual mode that caused it. It landed fine. No issues.
To me, it makes sense this could happen in manual mode. Due to its attempting to keep the craft level and holding altitude. If it bounces maybe it's enough to fool the gyros into thinking it's off level. I don't really know though.

Don.

I was not landing in manual mode. It did the same thing yours did, flipped on its back , rev'ed up , and shut down.

Don't confuse manual mode with simply reducing the throttle in Fly mode. Manual is a specific mode you apply to button A or B and does not use GPS at all. Some believe that if they are landing by reducing the throttle in Fly mode that they are landing Manually. You aren't. You are still relying on Solo to determine it has landed and this can cause these 'flipping' incidents.

Reactions: SARDG
Flying my solo today,no wind at all. I was landing it with new software uploaded this morning , and it flipped upside down at 20% battery life. This is the second time it did it in 7 months. Anyone have the same issue? Sent the flight log to 3dr, see what they say.
I found if you either let the fly button go before it COMPLETELY 100% SHUTS DOWN it does this. ive had it happen a few times and one of those times we happened to be filming and it was clear that it was the cause. good luck and I hope it helps. props get expensive

Don't confuse manual mode with simply reducing the throttle in Fly mode. Manual is a specific mode you apply to button A or B and does not use GPS at all. Some believe that if they are landing by reducing the throttle in Fly mode that they are landing Manually. You aren't. You are still relying on Solo to determine it has landed and this can cause these 'flipping' incidents.
Yeah, it was definitely in manual mode for me when it happened.

I found if you either let the fly button go before it COMPLETELY 100% SHUTS DOWN it does this. ive had it happen a few times and one of those times we happened to be filming and it was clear that it was the cause. good luck and I hope it helps. props get expensive
Not sure if I understand your post but If you are allowing Solo to auto land, all you need to do is press the fly button to initiate the landing sequence. Solo should then land and stop motors with no more input from the controller.

If you are holding the fly button, you may be sending a string of commands to solo (like repeatedly pressing button really fast).

Reactions: Coastwise

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig